myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW—Couldn’t remember when you last read a book? Was it “Atlas Shrugged” on tape?

NP thinks only he is allowed to troll. Wrong. But if he wants to take ownership for a comment that didn’t have his name on it—I wonder if he’s feeling a little guilty?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/former-white-supremacist-explains-leads-183014941.html

Former white supremacist explains what leads people to the extreme right
The Independent

Sarah Harvard
,The Independent•March 18, 2019
Quote:
A former neo-Nazi skinhead has attempted to pinpoint exactly how white supremacists are radicalised to commit violent attacks against minorities similar to the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand that killed at least 51 people last week.

Christian Picciolini, a former leader of the American white power movement, said more effort needs to be done to protect “vulnerable people before they become radicalised."

The co-founder of Life After Hate, a nonprofit organisation aimed at helping people leave white supremacist groups, was asked on CNN if stationing armed guards at houses of worships could effectively prevent white supremacists from committing a heinous attack like Christchurch.

While Mr Picciolini agreed ‘vulnerable places need to be protected,’ he said more priority should be placed on the forums and sources where men and women are often radicalised by white supremacist ideology.

“Ideology is not what leads them there in the end,” Mr Picciolini said, referring to what drives white supremacists to massacre innocent people, “it’s the pre-radicalisation. It’s the trauma. It’s the abandonment. It’s the isolation. It’s the marginalization. Even the mental illness that leads people to the fringes to accept this narrative.When they’re there, somebody is absolutely waiting to give them this narrative.”

He reiterated that armed security guards won’t prevent white men and women from white supremacy indoctrination, adding that resources should focus on online forums and communities vulnerable to radicalisation.

“What we need to do is protect our most vulnerable communities online,” Mr Picciolini added. “Depression forums, where they’re targeting people, or autistic and Asperger’s communities, where they know vulnerable people might be—that maybe aren’t making connections in real-life.”

In an interview with NPR on Saturday, Mr Picciolini argued that white supremacy is not — and should not be seen — as a “fringe” movement.

“[White supremacy] is certainly not a fringe movement,” the former skinhead said. “It is a large-scale terrorist movement.”

In addition to calling white supremacy a “terrorist movement,” Mr Picciolini noted that Donald trump has been championing policy positions — building a wall and a ban on Muslim immigrants, to name a few – neo-Nazis have been calling for in the last three decades.

“[Trump] is feeding people – the same rhetoric that I used to say 30 years ago – build a wall, Muslim ban, you know, remove immigrants from the country – all the same things that I used to say,” Mr Picciolini added.

He argued that President Trump’s rhetoric and the Internet have helped white supremacist movement grow exponentially.

“Now, because of the Internet, it has spread farther and wider than ever before. And that narrative is landing on people all over the world. So it is not just contained to the United States,” he added. “And never before in my life have I received emails from mothers of 10-year-old sons who are being recruited. So it is definitely growing.”

Life After Hate, the organisation Mr Picciolini co-founded to combat white supremacy, was awarded a $400,000 grant in January 2017 from the Department of Homeland Security under the Obama Administration’s Countering Violent Extremism Task Force.

In June 2017, less than six months since assuming office, Mr Trump discontinued the grant.

vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Yes. Son of a criminal, son-in-law of a criminal. How many crimes has he committed?

Quote:
I would like to express my gratitude to Jared Kushner for reviving interest in my 2006 book, “The Price of Admission.” I have never met or spoken with him, and it’s rare in this life to find such a selfless benefactor. Of course, I doubt he became Donald Trump’s son-in-law and consigliere merely to boost my lagging sales, but still, I’m thankful.

My book exposed a grubby secret of American higher education: that the rich buy their under-achieving children’s way into elite universities with massive, tax-deductible donations. It reported that New Jersey real estate developer Charles Kushner had pledged $2.5 million to Harvard University in 1998, not long before his son Jared was admitted to the prestigious Ivy League school. At the time, Harvard accepted about one of every nine applicants. (Nowadays, it only takes one out of twenty.)

I also quoted administrators at Jared’s high school, who described him as a less than stellar student and expressed dismay at Harvard’s decision.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former official at The Frisch School in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.”

I wonder how that happened? NW--how come you are all in on these criminals?

Do think Obama was Harvard material?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????....must be why his past was all but erased from history...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obama graduated magna cum laude and was editor of the Law Review at Harvard. Academic performance, not money or affirmative action, is the only way to earn those honors. So yes, I do think Obama was Harvard material. You on the other hand...not so much.

Really???? or is that what you heard....and he never wrote an article for the review.... By his own admission he was a stoner and bad student....nice try!!

Wrong again ad just more proof that you are not Harvard worthy: https://www.politico.com/story/2008/08/exclusive-obamas-lost-law-review-article-012705
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Yes. Son of a criminal, son-in-law of a criminal. How many crimes has he committed?

Quote:
I would like to express my gratitude to Jared Kushner for reviving interest in my 2006 book, “The Price of Admission.” I have never met or spoken with him, and it’s rare in this life to find such a selfless benefactor. Of course, I doubt he became Donald Trump’s son-in-law and consigliere merely to boost my lagging sales, but still, I’m thankful.

My book exposed a grubby secret of American higher education: that the rich buy their under-achieving children’s way into elite universities with massive, tax-deductible donations. It reported that New Jersey real estate developer Charles Kushner had pledged $2.5 million to Harvard University in 1998, not long before his son Jared was admitted to the prestigious Ivy League school. At the time, Harvard accepted about one of every nine applicants. (Nowadays, it only takes one out of twenty.)

I also quoted administrators at Jared’s high school, who described him as a less than stellar student and expressed dismay at Harvard’s decision.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former official at The Frisch School in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.”

I wonder how that happened? NW--how come you are all in on these criminals?

Do think Obama was Harvard material?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????....must be why his past was all but erased from history...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obama graduated magna cum laude and was editor of the Law Review at Harvard. Academic performance, not money or affirmative action, is the only way to earn those honors. So yes, I do think Obama was Harvard material. You on the other hand...not so much.

Really???? or is that what you heard....and he never wrote an article for the review.... By his own admission he was a stoner and bad student....nice try!!

Wrong again ad just more proof that you are not Harvard worthy: https://www.politico.com/story/2008/08/exclusive-obamas-lost-law-review-article-012705

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It was so awesome it was lost till some left wing rag dug it up...…..now that funny
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump’s persistent racism:
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW—Couldn’t remember when you last read a book? Was it “Atlas Shrugged” on tape?

NP thinks only he is allowed to troll. Wrong. But if he wants to take ownership for a comment that didn’t have his name on it—I wonder if he’s feeling a little guilty?

No guilt at all. Come join me any Monday evening or Saturday morning. We could always use another warm body, but doubt you’d stick it out.

vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several members of the Supreme Court expressed concern over allegations of racial bias in the jury selection system on Wednesday in a case concerning a Mississippi death row inmate who was tried six times for murder.

The case even prompted Justice Clarence Thomas, who rarely speaks during oral arguments, to ask a question.
The inmate, Curtis Flowers, wants his conviction overturned because he argues the prosecutor behind each trial engaged in racial discrimination when striking jurors.
The justices dug into the particulars of the case and the reasons the prosecutor gave for removing jurors -- so-called "peremptory challenges" that allow a lawyer to strike a prospective juror without articulating a specific reason. In 1986, the Supreme Court ruled that such challenges cannot be made on the basis of race.
Justice Samuel Alito referred to what he called the "unusual" and "disturbing history" of the prosecutor who, after the first two trials, struck all 10 prospective black jurors and was cited twice in the previous cases for improperly using race to strike jurors. Alito suggested that the history couldn't be untangled from the sixth sentence that condemned Flowers to death.

Justice Elena Kagan said that the number of questions the prosecutor asked of African-American jurors was "staggering" when compared to the number of questions he asked of white jurors. Justice Sonia Sotomayor seemed incredulous that the prosecutor was allowed to continue trying the case despite what she called his "passion for the case."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/politics/mississippi-death-row-inmate/index.html
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
Several members of the Supreme Court expressed concern over allegations of racial bias in the jury selection system on Wednesday in a case concerning a Mississippi death row inmate who was tried six times for murder.

The case even prompted Justice Clarence Thomas, who rarely speaks during oral arguments, to ask a question.
The inmate, Curtis Flowers, wants his conviction overturned because he argues the prosecutor behind each trial engaged in racial discrimination when striking jurors.
The justices dug into the particulars of the case and the reasons the prosecutor gave for removing jurors -- so-called "peremptory challenges" that allow a lawyer to strike a prospective juror without articulating a specific reason. In 1986, the Supreme Court ruled that such challenges cannot be made on the basis of race.
Justice Samuel Alito referred to what he called the "unusual" and "disturbing history" of the prosecutor who, after the first two trials, struck all 10 prospective black jurors and was cited twice in the previous cases for improperly using race to strike jurors. Alito suggested that the history couldn't be untangled from the sixth sentence that condemned Flowers to death.

Justice Elena Kagan said that the number of questions the prosecutor asked of African-American jurors was "staggering" when compared to the number of questions he asked of white jurors. Justice Sonia Sotomayor seemed incredulous that the prosecutor was allowed to continue trying the case despite what she called his "passion for the case."

Sounds like a bad situation....but maybe they remember the OJ trial and how a jury was more consumed with Mark Furmans use of the N-word than the slaughter of two human beings...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:

Sounds like a bad situation....but maybe they remember the OJ trial and how a jury was more consumed with Mark Furmans use of the N-word than the slaughter of two human beings...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Trump’s persistent racism:

Just for the record MORON, the NZ killer was not a Trump supporter..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 405, 406, 407 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 406 of 457

Jump to: