myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

You people have zero sense of humor.

The typical response when someone makes an insensitive comment.

Conservatives used to take personal responsibility. Now they only preach it.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me again how black folks should behave, and the value of open carry.

Quote:
Mark Guarino,
Jaclyn Peiser and
Mark Berman
August 26, 2020 at 8:03 a.m. PDT
Add to list
KENOSHA, Wis. — Two people were killed and one was seriously wounded by gunfire late Tuesday at a protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake Jr., Kenosha police said early Wednesday.

The shootings came after a confrontation between protesters and armed men who said they were protecting a gas station, witnesses said. Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that police are searching for a man seen in video footage holding a long gun.

“I feel very confident we’ll have him in a very short time,” Beth said.

Shots were fired around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, police said. After the first shots, a young White man carrying a rifle began running north on Sheridan Road, away from a crowd of protesters. Video shows the armed man fall to the ground and then fire multiple rounds into the crowd. Two more people fell to the ground, one shot in the arm and the other in the chest, the Journal Sentinel reported. Another graphic video shows a man with blood running down the back of his neck and bystanders shouting that he had been shot in the head.

Tell me again that the Washington Redskins is a fine outfit with a fine name.

Quote:
By Will Hobson, Beth Reinhard, Liz Clarke and Dalton Bennett
AUGUST 26, 2020

In “Beauties on the Beach,” the official video chronicling the making of the Washington NFL team’s 2008 cheerleader swimsuit calendar, the women frolic in the sand, rave about their custom bikinis and praise a photographer for putting them at ease in settings where sometimes only a strategically placed prop or tightly framed shot shielded otherwise bare breasts.

What the cheerleaders didn’t know was that another video, intended strictly for private use, would be produced using footage from that same shoot. Set to classic rock, the 10-minute unofficial video featured moments when nipples were inadvertently exposed as the women shifted positions or adjusted props.

The lewd outtakes were what Larry Michael, then the team’s lead broadcaster and a senior vice president, referred to as “the good bits” or “the good parts,” according to Brad Baker, a former member of Michael’s staff. Baker said in an interview that he was present when Michael told staffers to make the video for team owner Daniel Snyder.

Snyder and the team provided no comment after they were given repeated opportunities to respond to this and other allegations in this story.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. G I am not able to see YouTube on this computer, sorry...
AND YES..I am NOT HAPPY about Squaw, not for a second, or my kids' High School, named after a 16th Century English explorer, which is being changed. $430,000 cost to the district...even the kids know its not neccessary.

Apology accepted. It's a Chris Rock clip which has been around for a while. It's funny. I completely agree with you on the naming. Virtue signalling gone mad. That's the world we live in now.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Boggs said:
Quote:
A strong possibility that many of them were wrongfully convicted, or a case of mistaken identity...then you get arrested, and have no idea where it will lead? easier said than done.

I get the concern that AA's have, some of which is justified, but resisting arrest definitely will not improve their situation. While I understand the impulse to try and get away or resist, only the foolhardy will attempt it. There are smart people that make really dumb choices.

ya do the police in the UK have guns yet?

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this guy has been a sheriff for how long?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sheriff-resigns-over-racist-rant-in-leaked-recording/ar-BB18ve3N?ocid=msedgdhp

Sheriff resigns over racist rant in leaked recording

Quote:
An Arkansas sheriff resigned Friday after coming under fire over a leaked racist recording.

a man wearing a suit and tie© Provided by NBC News
Sheriff Todd Wright of Arkansas County, about 85 miles southeast of Little Rock, resigned effective immediately on Friday during a public meeting on the incident at the county's Quorum Court, which is its governing legislative body.

The meeting, which was recorded live and posted on Facebook, was held after a local news outlet, the Pine Bluff Commercial, identified Wright as the man heard in a five-minute audio recording delivering a racist rant.

According to the local outlet, Wright is heard on the recording, which has been widely shared on social media, becoming upset that a woman he was with spoke to a Black person in a store.

Throughout the recording, the woman refers to the man as “Todd.” The man in the recording uses a racial slur against Black people about nine times.

a man wearing a uniform: Image: Arkansas County Sheriff Todd Wright. (Arkansas Sheriff's Association)© Arkansas Sheriff's Association Image: Arkansas County Sheriff Todd Wright. (Arkansas Sheriff's Association)
Wright apologized at the court meeting for any offense his recorded remarks may have caused and said that he made those comments in the heat of the moment when he was "upset over certain things."

He also insisted he was not racist.

"That's not me," he said.

Following his remarks, a woman who identified herself as the mother of the man Wright disparaged in the recording said she doesn't know why Wright felt the need to call her son, whom she described as a hardworking man with two jobs, "names like that" over and over.

"I don't appreciate you calling him or anybody else the N-word," she said. "If you got problems, don't bring them to work."

County Judge Thomas Best said the court's members decided Thursday to ask for Wright’s resignation after the recording began circulating on Facebook the day before.

“It saddens me that anyone would disrespect God’s creation in this manner,” Best said at the meeting. “No way will I condone this action from anyone.”

After accepting Wright's resignation, the court also passed a motion to allow him to continue to be paid as contract labor until Sept. 30, but he will not be an active law enforcement officer.

The county's chief deputy will serve as sheriff until a replacement is appointed or a special election is held, Best said.

Attempts to reach Wright by phone and through social media on Saturday were not immediately successful.

Video: ‘They like me very much’: Trump discusses the QAnon conspiracy theory movement (NBC News)

‘They like me very much’: Trump discusses the QAnon conspiracy theory movement

mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German's have a concept, vergangenheitsaufarbeitung--"working off the past." It contrast sharply with cultivating white nationalists.

Quote:
BERLIN, Germany

My train journey last month from the Rhineland to Berlin provided several hours to reflect on what I had experienced thus far during a three-week stay in the fabled “country of poets and thinkers,” Das Land der Dichter und Denker.

At top of mind was the memory of what I had seen only days before: basement floors of the Nazi Documentation Centre in Köln, a museum of horrors that includes a preserved warren of shadowy dungeons below Appellhofplatz…

…where Gestapo goons tortured and executed prisoners of the Hitler era (1933-1945); where the naked and starving pressed bloody fingers to rough cement walls and scratched out their words of final despair. The barbarity of well more than a half-century ago was palpable. Gestapo ghosts with knife blade smiles haunted the corridors outside the cells, their monster eyes shining. I could practically hear the exhausted sounds of suffering and sadism from within the cells: a rude splash of water as a prisoner’s head is submerged in a tank, a jagged glass bottle jammed into a prisoner’s mouth until his lips split from the pressure, Nazi boots kicking genitalia, the crunch of vertebrae broken as a prisoner lies across a chair for his morning beating with a spiked iron ball.

Unlike those consigned to Hitler’s dungeons, I was free to leave. Yet I was not free from an existential pessimism begun on Election Day in the United States—November 2016, forward to the present and its new normalcy of white supremacist and fascist impulse as bases of support for the Trump regime.

My companion that day in Köln was Jürgen Bürger, the publisher, esteemed translator, and friend of twenty years. The expression on his face as I blurted gut reactions to the museum’s curated crimes echoed the fearful timbre of my voice.

“This place,” I said, “is where we’re headed in America.”

Reminders of the most depraved chapter of German history, the Holocaust, are everywhere in the country, not just Köln. Near the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin is the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe; in Frankfurt, the Börneplatz Memorial Site; in Hamburg, the Fuhlsbüttel Concentration Camp Holocaust Museum and Prison Memorial; near München, the Dachau Concentration Camp; in urban neighborhoods throughout the nation, the ubiquitous Stolpersteine, or stumbling stones—small brass plates set in the cobblestones outside the last homes of Nazi victims, most of them deported and murdered, their names inscribed in the metal.

Nie vergessen. Never forget.

America’s own depraved chapter of national history, kidnapped Africans held in chattel slavery, occurred between 1619 and 1863. Which adds up to two hundred forty-four years of state-sanctioned violent inhumanity in the U.S., compared to twelve years of the Third Reich. Physical remembrances of America’s greatest sin are few and far between. Conversely, there are more than a thousand monuments and statues extant that celebrate the treason of southern slave states that fomented the American Civil War of 1861-65, the deadliest conflict in all U.S. history. Red-white-and-blue banners of the Confederacy, the traitorous “stars and bars,” are now mainstays of Republican Party campaign rallies, in which candidate Trump’s rhetoric thrilled his largely white racist audiences in 2016, and continues to thrill today.

With the hopeful exception of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice—commonly known as the “Lynching Museum,” established only last year in Montgomery, Alabama by acclaimed civil rights activist Bryan Stevenson—the few monuments and statuary reminding us of America’s darkest past have been destroyed or vandalized, the remains often left with calling cards from neo-Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. As Washington Post columnist Petula Dvorak asked in August 2017:

“Where, exactly, are all the statues to the millions of enslaved men and women who were so crucial to the foundation of our great nation? Where are the monuments to Nat Turner, Madison Washington, Gabriel Prosser, or ‘Jemmy’—all men who led slave rebellions on behalf of their people. Aren’t their heroic actions, and the bloody results, as worthy of memorializing as the Confederacy?

“Compare that with the massive statues along Monument Avenue in Richmond [Virginia]…where Gen. Robert E. Lee commands a sixty-foot high view of the city.

“It took eighteen years of debate and planning for Charleston, South Carolina to erect a statue of Denmark Vesey, a freed slave who was…executed for organizing a foiled slave revolt in Charleston in 1822. Just a few months ago, three years after it was unveiled, city officials believe damage they found on the Vesey statue may have been the result of vandals trying to topple it.

“This is what happens when America tries to remind itself of its bloody past.

“—America can do better.
http://culturmag.de/crimemag/thomas-adcock-vergangenheitsaufarbeitung/121557

But when you are contemptuous of history...
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrgybes future girlfriend is dating a Low life drug dealer last January. In March, mrgybe starts dating this same woman. They’re sitting in her apartment, not the previous drug dealers apartment when the police blow through the door with a no knock arrest warrant for the address - not the person. Mrgybe, the 2nd amendment junkie he is, starts shooting to protect his girlfriend at the psychos who entered the apartment. The police shoot his future wife dead.

Sorry mrgybe, too bad. Sorry girlfriend and girlfriend family. Our bad. But, we will issue an indictment for the officer who shot through a wall into the next apartment and endangering those occupants.

Mrgybe is black and he is not upset one bit.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always more to the story! From the NY Times:

Quote:
The officers who broke down Ms. Taylor’s door shortly after midnight on March 13 had come with a search warrant, signed by a local magistrate. They had court approval for a “no-knock” warrant, which Louisville has since banned, but the orders were changed before the raid, requiring them to knock first and announce themselves as the police.

Mr. Walker has said that he and Ms. Taylor did not know who was at her door. Only one neighbor, out of nearly a dozen interviewed by The New York Times, reported hearing the officers shout “police” before entering.

The warrant for Ms. Taylor’s apartment was one of five issued in a case involving her ex-boyfriend Jamarcus Glover, who is accused of running a drug trafficking syndicate. At the other addresses that were searched, officers found a table covered in drugs packaged for sale, including a plastic sachet containing cocaine and fentanyl, police logs and a laboratory report show.

The surveillance leading police officers to Ms. Taylor’s home included a GPS tracker showing repeated trips by Mr. Glover to her home; photographs of him emerging from her apartment with a package in his hands; footage showing her in a car with Mr. Glover arriving at one of the trap houses he operated; and his use of her address on bank records and other documents. The F.B.I. has opened an investigation into whether the inclusion of her name and address on the warrant violated her civil rights, as her family’s lawyers have claimed.

The announcement on Wednesday revealed several new details in the case. Investigators at an F.B.I. laboratory reviewed the ballistics evidence and concluded that the shot that killed Ms. Taylor was fired by Detective Cosgrove. A total of 32 shots were fired by the police: 16 by Detective Cosgrove, 10 by Mr. Hankison and six by Sergeant Mattingly. The attorney general said none of Mr. Hankison’s rounds struck Ms. Taylor.

Mr. Cameron, who ran on a law-and-order platform, said the investigation and the grand jury determined that the police had properly knocked and announced their presence before bursting into Ms. Taylor’s apartment — a point disputed by Mr. Walker and by a number of neighbors who have said in interviews with reporters that they heard no announcement.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New York Time could have saved a bunch of time just by saying "we know more than the grand jury", typical NYT.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. G I am not able to see YouTube on this computer, sorry...
AND YES..I am NOT HAPPY about Squaw, not for a second, or my kids' High School, named after a 16th Century English explorer, which is being changed. $430,000 cost to the district...even the kids know its not neccessary.

Glad to see you recognize the lunacy of the far left.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 448 of 457

Jump to: