myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
vientomas said:
Quote:
Obviously you have access to the interent, so you can watch both if you so choose

I choose not to watch TV on the computer. I only made the statement because some folks here seem to believe that the right only get their news from Fox. On the other hand, one can't help thinking that the left only gets their news from CNN. Even if you watch all news media sources, it's still hard to get the "whole" story, or to know what the complete truth really is.

yes when you are as stupid as you are it is hard to figure out what is real and what is Putin propaganda. go have another Hillary investigation you moron. She is involved with child slavery at a pizza place you moron.

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja is right on topic - well maybe in another universe.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja is right on topic - well maybe in another universe.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump loves this racist and will not say he is. Why because trump hates blacks and ordered his people to put a N on anything a black turns in behind a blacks back. But in public he makes fake news clips of his love of slavery.

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-house/watch/ignoring-the-bigger-problem-gop-finally-condemns-steve-king-s-racism-1426583107889

Ignoring the bigger problem, GOP finally condemns Steve King's racism

Quote:
Former Rep. Donna Edwards, former Undersecretary of State Rick Stengel, former DOJ spokesman Matt Miller, and MSNBC analyst Elise Jordan on Congressman Steve King and Donald Trump

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Another racist attack. You must be so proud. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/teens-taunted-native-american-elder-indigenous-peoples-march?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&ref=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&fbclid=IwAR3Y3PbFoERFKjP6OrTiY23t7aI2kdQTDIvYOIgXiVxwpKhbyiwbRHDcsNg

mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP at work:

Quote:
By Paul Kane
January 19 at 12:08 PM
One political rule of life is never ask a question unless you really want to know the answer.

Example: It cannot possibly get worse in Washington, can it?

By early Thursday afternoon, President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had traded insults several times. Pelosi called for a delay of Trump’s planned Jan. 29 State of the Union address as long as portions of the government were shut down. The president then revoked military support for her weekend trip to visit troops in Afghanistan.

A couple of days earlier, the House rebuked Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) for a history of racially and ethnically charged remarks, the latest in his questioning of how white supremacy had become offensive.

“We have just been through a very difficult week,” House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) lamented.

Could it get worse?

Pelosi, Trump send dueling letters as shutdown drags on
President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) exchanged letters Jan. 16 and 17 that symbolize more political jabs in the long shutdown fight. (Monica Akhtar/The Washington Post)

Yes, it can. It almost did. And it still might.

Hoyer’s comments came Thursday as he tried to restore calm to a rambunctious House after a fairly innocuous set of votes turned the chamber into a tinderbox of raw emotions. Republicans accused Democrats of trying to steal a vote, Democrats accused Republicans of not paying attention to the floor proceedings and, finally, a GOP lawmaker shouted “go back to Puerto Rico!”

Tensions flared, and lawmakers walked toward one another in the well of the House.

The chance of physical confrontation seemed to grow by the second, a cross between a Spike Lee movie where one remark turns an entire neighborhood into flames and a moment inside the regular brawls that occur in Taiwan’s parliament.

Cooler heads prevailed, mostly because of Hoyer and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and their agreement to a do-over vote Wednesday. Scalise joked that maybe he could whip enough votes for the minority to actually win.

How popular is the border wall?

With President Trump and congressional Democrats at a standoff over the border wall, its construction is opposed by more than half of Americans. (Jenny Starrs /The Washington Post)

“I don’t want to get too carried away,” Scalise told Hoyer, “but I appreciate that we were able to resolve this, and I know tensions got a little heated.”

‘She wields the knife’: Pelosi moves to belittle and undercut Trump in shutdown fight

The tension is only going to grow in coming days. The partial shutdown of federal agencies is now in its fifth week, an unprecedented duration. No serious negotiations have taken place since Trump walked out of a meeting of bipartisan congressional leaders after Pelosi said she had no intention of funding a border wall.

Starting Friday, about 800,000 federal workers will begin missing their second round of paychecks during the standoff, just as monthly bills for mortgages, rents, utilities and credit cards come due.

Yet the Senate has adjourned with no votes planned until the end of the month, unless a deal is somehow struck. However, with no votes, there will be very few senators here in Washington, diminishing the chance for any dealmaking.

The House will be in session, but that might not help matters much. Lawmakers had planned to use the week as time to work back in their districts, a particularly key period for the almost 100 freshmen serving their first weeks in office.

Some newcomers had scheduled town halls to connect with their constituents and explain what has been happening on Capitol Hill — those will almost certainly be canceled. Some veterans planned to use the break to travel abroad on congressional delegations to meet with foreign dignitaries.

Trump’s actions blocking Pelosi’s travels and the House votes have presumably nixed any other congressional travel. A normal week in the Capitol can be contentious enough.

A week when no one planned to be in Washington is a recipe for disaster, to the point where maybe a physical confrontation is not too far off.

These near-clashes have happened before, often when the House majority flips and those newly in the minority feel disrespected. In 1995, a few months after Republicans seized the majority for the first time in 40 years, Democrat Sam Gibbons (Fla.), 75 at the time, grabbed the tie of a GOP subcommittee chairman, then-Rep. Bill Thomas (R-Calif.), after a Ways and Means Committee meeting on Medicare policy.

Gibbons told The Washington Post in 2003 he actually wanted to choke Thomas.

In 2007, seven months into their new minority status, Republicans accused Democrats of stealing a procedural vote by banging the gavel shut before all votes were cast. Pelosi, in her first year as speaker, created a special committee to investigate, the ranking Republican being a backbencher — Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.).

The future vice president called the mostly inconsequential procedural vote “a dark moment in the history of the United States.”

Last week’s clash recalled that 2007 dispute, but this came during a much darker period of the nation’s political state — a combustible mix of racial, gender and ethnic politics amid a shutdown of federal agencies.

House Democrats had already approved seven bills that would have reopened the entire government. Thursday’s proposal served as the most basic of all: a one-page bill opening those impacted agencies at last year’s budget levels until Feb. 28.

Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.), a former judge who was presiding, asked if anyone wanted a recorded vote on the measure. No Republican spoke up, so he moved to the next vote.

Some Republicans wrongly accused Butterfield of not holding a full vote, shouting at him as he left the dais. “Go back to Puerto Rico!” Rep. Jason T. Smith (R-Mo.) yelled from the GOP side of the aisle. It was in the direction of Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-Calif.), who is of Mexican descent.

Pelosi seeks a return to normalcy, but an unpredictable president may not comply

Cárdenas took the remark as an ethnic slur and charged toward Republicans, one of Pelosi’s senior staffers at his side. He shouted at Republicans, asking who said it. No one took ownership.

Later, Smith called Cárdenas to apologize and asked to meet in person, saying he meant to mock the several dozen Democrats who went to Puerto Rico the previous weekend, not to single out anyone for their ethnicity.

“I accepted his apology,” Cárdenas told the Hill.

Democrats agreed to hold a full vote on the same bill Wednesday, and Scalise acknowledged Butterfield had done nothing wrong. He thanked him for his “fairness.”

Hoyer issued a final warning about the tone of the chamber, decrying “undertones of prejudice or racism or any kind of ‘-ism.’”

“We need to be civil to one another, we need to be polite to one another even,” he said.

It can’t get any worse. Right?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most brilliant man I ever hired. https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Soldiers-Kneeling-Slaves-Nineteenth-Century/dp/B01FEKPERE

What it is about.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left are haters and racists, not the right

Nathan Phillips told the Detroit Free Press that he had seen the white Catholic students “attacking these four black individuals.”

“There was that moment when I realized I’ve put myself between beast and prey,” he told the newspaper. “These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that.”

What really happened:

The four black men who were members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, known for saying things such as "we need to kill all cracker babies", approached the kids wearing MAGA hats and called them crackers, school shooters and fa**ots right before Nathan Phillips approached them and began beating a drum in their face. The MAGA kids, for their part, held their composure in spite of all of this.

TH HE WHITE KIDS WERE WAITING AT THE BUS STOP TO BE PICKED UP, AND NEVER MOVED FROM THERE.
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
The left are haters and racists, not the right

Nathan Phillips told the Detroit Free Press that he had seen the white Catholic students “attacking these four black individuals.”

“There was that moment when I realized I’ve put myself between beast and prey,” he told the newspaper. “These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that.”

What really happened:

The four black men who were members of the Black Hebrew Israelites, known for saying things such as "we need to kill all cracker babies", approached the kids wearing MAGA hats and called them crackers, school shooters and fa**ots right before Nathan Phillips approached them and began beating a drum in their face. The MAGA kids, for their part, held their composure in spite of all of this.

TH HE WHITE KIDS WERE WAITING AT THE BUS STOP TO BE PICKED UP, AND NEVER MOVED FROM THERE.

Were you there? Post your video.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The most brilliant man I ever hired. https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Soldiers-Kneeling-Slaves-Nineteenth-Century/dp/B01FEKPERE

What it is about.

I wonder if dumb old Mac knows there is a slave trade in Africa as we speak. That"s right its run by radical Muslims and a pussy liberal would never call them out. He would much rather spend his days consumed with Americas mistakes from the past...sick old man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 372 of 457

Jump to: