myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thanks to the Coyote Point Sailers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aupatnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks to the Coyote Point Sailers! Reply with quote

Got separated from the rig today when I fell off at speed, unhooked. Swam for it hard but the rig was being blown downwind faster. Lost sight of it between the chop. Decided to catch my breath and save my strength for a long swim to shore, when a windsurfer spotted me and stopped to check. He was nice enough to sail over to my rig and hold onto it so that I could catch up to it. Lost sight of them for awhile until a couple of other windsurfers stopped and pointed me in the right direction. Eventually caught up to him and straight-lined it to shore, enough excitement for one day. Thanks to all who stopped to help out, especially the guy who held onto my rig for something like an hour, sacrificing his session. It saved a very long swim or possibly worse!

Ansis
jse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it back ok. My advice: Regular lap swimming. Not only would you be better equipped to get back to your rig, but also back to shore if necessary.

Steve
MauiMakani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way that I have helped sailors in your situation in the past was to have them hold onto my back footstrap while I towed them downwind to their rig. Its a huge amount of work for the sailor since you usually cannot hook-in if its really windy and you have to practically sit on the tail to not get launched because of the drag, but it can work.
Georges

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI the second sailor to help you was Chris Moe from NorthWave sails. This was Chris's first trip to the bay and to coyote pt.!! I will be sure to get your thanks to him. Gman NorCal Northwave rep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: