myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
35 MPH on a Kona One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinDo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outhaul wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I know the Gt-31 is highly regarded and that a sanctioned replacement is due but sounds like that could be many months away.
Are we talking about a few months or more like a year?

I think it would be a long time before the GT-31 gets officially replaced with a newer unit as GP3S's tech team has to test the "new" unit for sometime before it gets approved. Either way I am quite sure the GT-31 will still be accepted just like the older GT-11s are accepted still at most speed trials. If you plan on setting National and Worldwide records thru GPSSSWRC, than the GT-32 (2 31s) will still probably be around for quite some time (more than a year I'd say).

ALSO do you have a windows 7 computer or XP? I ask because a few guys have had issues updating their firmware with Windows 7/Vista. XP seems to work flawless, either way if you order from Mid West Speed Quest I believe they install the update for you.

Regarding reading the data on your gps, you can use software (must purchase) or simply use [url]www.KA72.com [/url]

Hope that helps!
-Kevin Very Happy

KevinDo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
Thanks Kevin! I have to start using the GT31 more. Kind of got depressed seeing I was only going 24 mph. Don't have a kona one though, but I believe my JP FSW 84 L may be just as fast. I'll keep wotking on it.

One of the local sailors here managed to get a 29.17kt 2 sec peak on his 9X L FSW (flatish water state). Also two of the Sandy Point sailors have managed to get wave gear over 40kts !!! (but that's flat).

You don't need speed/slalom gear to have fun in GP3S, it's all about challenging yourself and of course once in awhile others at your spot Very Happy . Also the GPS Team Challenge is a great way to meet other sailors who share the same passion as you do. I know for our home spot, our gps challenge has helped a lot of folks increase their skills on the water!

If you want, you could email me your tracks and I could analyze them and see what you could do to potentially increase your speeds?

-Kevin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: