myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Super Light replacement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are asa boards. read about it here:

www.bicsup.com/technology/epoxy-sup-board,32.html
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to add that although I do not own, nor have I sailed the mistral superlight ot the bic windsup, that I do own an early 90's F2 strato and a Starboard windsup which is 10' by 34" with a removeable dagger board that bolts into a tuttle box. Since getting the windsup, I never use the old F2 strato. The windsup is way easier and a lot more fun to sail. The extra width makes it much more stable, and inspires you to push the envelope so to speak. If there are any waves at all, the windsup really comes alive, easily catching waves and surfing with a suprising amout of agility for it's length. It would also be way easier to learn on than any of the old school boards.

The only downside to the windsup is that it is not as fast as the older boards, but can handle a surprising amount of wind, yet remains easy to sail without the footstraps. I love the foam deck, nice and grippy and not abrasive! Sailing strapless is a blast!

I've been windsurfing for nearly 30 years, and this has been the most fun I've had windsurfing since I left Maui in 1990.
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
They are asa boards. read about it here:

www.bicsup.com/technology/epoxy-sup-board,32.html

I guess ASA doesn't say it all. My Kona has a thin layer of ASA and it is solid, but cannot be thrown around like my old Sailboard Vario, that is made out of very thick sheets of ASA. The Vario has a solder joint, similar to the Bic, leading me to believe that the Bic is super solid too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: