myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tomales Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpaillon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Tomales Anyone? Reply with quote

It looks like Tomales is setting up. I will probably head up if the wind is above 21 by 2 pm. It would be nice to have some company out on the water.
You might need a weed fin, but a small wave fin has always worked for me.

Rick
rpaillon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: I'm gonna give it a shot Reply with quote

It's stayed above 20 for the last half hour so here I go. It's a nice drive even if the wind dosen't hold.

Rick
jse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Thought about it but I have a 5:30 in Mill Valley so I couldn't swing it. Give us a report.

Steve
rpaillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Full Report Reply with quote

When I left home the wind was 21 kts average. When I got to Lucas Valley Rd. it was down to 17. When I got to Nicasio Lake there were white caps so I kept going--the lake never lies, right?

Conditions were fine for a 5.8 and 105 liter board from 3:15 to 5:00. It was flooding even though the tide forecast on Iwindsurf said it should have been ebbing. I was glad I went. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

By the way the site has a new look. The powers that be trimmed the cypress trees but there is still plenty left to block the wind in the parking area although not much privacy left for the privy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: