myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merriam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"] Ditto their very frequent claims to know more about my personal and professional lives than I do, including hobbies, motivations, psyche, careers, medical records, education, personal environments, and much more.

Maybe they work for the NSA?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
...Next you'll say the Tri-Cities are a nice place to live.

My sarcasm meter is broken so forgive me, but I think Iso has proclaimed such many a time, perhaps even hiring an airplane to sky write it over the brown and barren, sun-burned hills of the Hanford nuclear waste site.
scottwerden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

maxpowers wrote:
It appears that there is a distinct group of people who would characterize themselves (and you may too) as sort of online adversaries, enemies or just people that really don't like each other. How did this come about?

It began in my case when they (and I) learned my politics are right of center.....

Now Isobars, you know the above is not true, and in point of fact you said so yourself: "...back then I was apolitical..". There was a large segment of people you had pissed-off on rec.windsurf (when you said you were apolitical) and you got outright banned from NWWindtalk because many threads you got involved in turned into pointless arguments. I doubt anyone on that forum knew anything about your politics. I certainly didn't.
daviddk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
"The guitar thing was kind of funny. Not sure whether it applies yet. But it was funny. If you guys want to make claims about Iso, could you please provide a quote and link (for context)? I'd like to see for myself."

Mitch, you`re a journalist. Journalists do research on their articles. There are 10,000+ iso posts here with all the info you need to decide for yourself. Here`s an iso quote to get you started already referenced in this thread:

Several people I don't even know have posted these comments: "Iso sails like he says he does", "He's easily among the upper 20% of sailors at Roosevelt", and "Ask Iso about his high-speed dismount". My sailing gets comments (mostly positive) more days than not from both friends and strangers; examples include "Extremely aggressive jibes", "You sail all OVER the place!", "You do all that HOOKED IN?", "Man, you really enjoy your WSing, don't you?", "$#!+, Mike, you can get some serious air when you try", "You're really arcin' and sparkin' today", "You can handle more wind than anybody else around here your size", "Holy CRAP but you're fast!", etc.

You gotta be an egomaniac to memorize compliments people have given you let alone post them. Another favorite that has come up several times is when he says people applaud when he comes off the water.

You may wonder why people engage with isobars so much when they don`t respect him rather than ignore him. One poster hit it on the head recently when he said isobars is like the crazy old man that would yell at you to get off his lawn when you were a kid. It was just fun to taunt the old guy but after a while it got old and you kind of felt bad for him. It`still fun to get iso`s goat but I am starting to feel bad for him now that he is 70 and IS that crazy old guy.
daviddk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps "5'9", a very lean 185#"

puleeze! That about says it all.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Odd that noshuz has chosen to behave this poorly considering how nice he seemed back when he requested and received pages of my opinions on boards he was considering buying.

What seems odd is that isobars points the finger at me and other people when everyone else is pointing the finger at him. When you act like a turd, you'll get treated like a turd. Pretty simple! I believe it's called the Golden Rule isn't it? Did they teach that in rocket science school isobars?

wmike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="noshuzbluz"]
Quote:
. When you act like a turd, you'll get treated like a turd. Pretty simple! I believe it's called the Golden Rule isn't it? Did they teach that in rocket science school isobars?

That is not the Golden Rule.

golden rule
n.
The biblical teaching that one should behave toward others as one would have others behave toward oneself. or

“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you,”
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
I have to agree with that one. I'm 5'8 and 185 and don't consider myself lean. Lean was my bicycle racing weight of 160...... But I would be happy with 175 Cool

I'm 5'10" 190 but I'm working on growing 3 or 4 inches in the off season. Very Happy

noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesalmonmike wrote:

That is not the Golden Rule.

golden rule
n.
The biblical teaching that one should behave toward others as one would have others behave toward oneself. or

“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you,”

I stand corrected!

cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well I'm 6'3 and 180, so ya'll are pretty porky in comparison, but
lean has to do with the amount of body fat you have, not what you weigh
and how tall you are. Frankly, I'm not that lean.

And now back to our regularly scheduled interview.

-Craig

noshuzbluz wrote:
johnl wrote:
I have to agree with that one. I'm 5'8 and 185 and don't consider myself lean. Lean was my bicycle racing weight of 160...... But I would be happy with 175 Cool

I'm 5'10" 190 but I'm working on growing 3 or 4 inches in the off season. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 12 of 25

Jump to: