myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brettn wrote:
I'm not sure any amount of literary talent could make an article interesting that debates whether Corpus Christi or Barriles is better.

I’d love to see a debate like that, as the knowledge flossed from between the bared teeth would be invaluable in my own decision. I don’t need for everything I learn to be whispered into my ear by Scarlett Johansson.

brettn wrote:
… especially if Iso takes 500 words of content and stretches it to 5,000 words.

Short responses often say little more than, “Here’s a fish. Eat it”. If OPs aren’t willing to read thorough explanations and lengthy topical debates, how can they expect to learn to fish, let alone jibe? Besides, cutting 5000 words down to 500 takes FAR more time than pounding out the 5000. Tip: skim and/or move on, so masochists who ask me to write books can enjoy the ride if they wish.

brettn wrote:
... Iso trading punches with his foes … banned this … banned that, etc.

You’ll have to leave banning (censoring) up to people who depend on others to pad their lives. The only bans I’ve asked of iW have been of pushing drugs and baseless ad hominem, in accordance with our contract with iW.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ascott72 wrote:
Have you gone on any destination trips to windsurf? If so, where was your favorite location?

Been to Maui, Oahu, Grand Caymans, Gorge, Corpus, and have sailed in many states across the mainland. I don’t bother with sailing destination trips any more after getting skunked flying and driving places where I’ve already done the tourist stuff. Instead, I moved near my favorite (an extremely subjective call) sailing destination so I can cherry pick the sailing I enjoy most. Now any travel is for tourist stuff, and wind is icing on the cake. Skunk-proof, and the tens of thousands I saved by not flying to iffy locations for a week helped me retire very early to sail full time.

GarryW wrote:
Be careful asking Isobars about destination resorts. I hear he's not crazy about Lake Arenal in Costa Rica and he's never been there.

What little I’ve posted about Arenal’s sailing came straight from WSers who live and/or winter there. Their and others’ verbal and video reports contributed to my personal choice not to attend Arenal, among many other locations others may love. Aren't choices great?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso:

I am still waiting for the FACTS to support your ASSERTION that you have "...have beaten many lawyers in several venues..."

Your failure to provide the facts to support your claim does nothing to improve your credibility. If you can't back this assertion up with facts, why should anyone on this forum believe anything you say?

Please don't give me your version of the events without providing a source from which to determine the veracity of your assertions. It is my intention to research your claim and make my own determination as to whether you bested many lawyers in several venues.

As you are aware, judicial proceedings are recorded and written minutes are kept. Once you provide the information I previously requested, I can review the audio and/or the minutes myself.

If you do not intend to provide the factual basis for your claim, please so advise. I don't want to keep waiting for a reply that will never come.

(I have no idea why my posts are double posting)
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only has Max left the building, he's probably quit his job, sold his gear and moved to Branson...
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Who plays iso?

dick.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.45 KB
 Viewed:  11388 Time(s)

dick.jpg

brettn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso, "I’d love to see a debate like that, as the knowledge flossed from between the bared teeth would be invaluable in my own decision. I don’t need for everything I learn to be whispered into my ear by Scarlett Johansson."

Good one with the flossing metaphor. See, you don't need to be super wordy, just keep firing off pithy zingers like that!

Speak for yourself. Scarlett Johansson can whisper into my ear any time. Not that she would.
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf,
isobars dad can beat up your dad... stoopido....GEEZ!

maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry about the long delay. Some great questions got asked and answered. And there were some great comments. Summertime's comment about the nature of the relationship on here was interesting, to name just one.

The delay was caused by my anniversary and wife's birthday. Add in our young little guy and the house we're building, and it's a wonder this article is progressing at all. Sorry again.

But, let's jump into the meaty stuff:

Iso, a few questions for now

1) While I don't think you have anything at all to do with this, can you explain why you think people's comments (that they say are anti-iso) keep getting deleting? Are they actually getting deleted? Do you have any pull with the iwindsurf mods? This one keeps coming up, and I haven't seen much mentioned about it.

2) In your mind, when you get into an argument on iwindsurf, do you characterize the outcome as a win, loss, tie?

3) Can you describe your favorite post here on iwindsurf or any other windsurfing related site? What was it about? How'd it go? Did it have any effect on your life outside the web? Maybe it's not your favorite post, but the post that had the largest effect on your life?

4) Would you please describe an instance where someone changed your mind?
maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and someone mentioned the Dangler as a comparison to Mike. We should be pretty clear that Iso and the Dangler are in two very, very different camps. I know the Dangler quite well. He's actually a friend of mine at this point. While they could both be considered controversial, the Dangler was in a completely difference category, one that left a real threat of physical harm and a giant gap from mind to 'reality.'

Let's leave that comparison well alone.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Max.

I'm curious how long this post will last. These days I take screen shots of them now.

I encourage you to take five minutes to read these two threads:

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26773

and

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23843

I won't characterize them. I wouldn't want to color your thinking. But I do think they are good examples of what Isobars brings to the forum. They may help you frame your piece.

Best luck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

Jump to: