myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
"locked post" in Isobars interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: "locked post" in Isobars interview Reply with quote

Apparently iWindsurf has also implemented protection of specific posts. I will repost what I have to say in as many places as necessary to reply. I think if iWindsurf is going to close a conversation they should state it open.

I had noted that isobars threatened me with the notion of copyright infringement, when I had reposted (in rec.windsurfing years ago) excerpts of his work there. Iso responded:

"I was not even an employee of Performance Windsurfing Report; I was a contractor as Technical Editor and Test Director. If anyone threatened copyright infringement, which I doubt, it would have been the magazine's editor and co-owner, Michael Lowe."

To which I replied (and was deleted by iWindsurf): No, it was you (Isobars). The entire point of the thing (my posting excerpts of Iso's equipment reviews) was to demonstrate their quality, which in my opinion was low.

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: "locked post" in Isobars interview Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
I had noted that isobars threatened me with the notion of copyright infringement, when I had reposted (in rec.windsurfing years ago) excerpts of his work there. ... it was you (Isobars).

That's odd; I was NLWTFWNM back then ... and still had no stake in that magazine ... nor any reason to care ... if you posted the whole magazine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: