myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Healthcare 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Healthcare 101 Reply with quote

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/BraveN

The growth of the future debt in the US, relative to historical levels, will be almost entirely the result of the cost of healthcare. This, rather simplified, discussion by Dick Lamm, former gov of Colo.) provides some insight. He spoke about 5 years ago at the local hospital here and I had a chance to sit down after the speech and talk to him.

We can continue to listen to, and repeat, political sound bites, or we could spend a little time and watch this. The most interesting stuff is the first ten minutes.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the video, but I can't get it to run. I make the 59 minutes selection, but nothing happens.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC...This website may require a newer video player. I use an ipad, the video photo on the right has a bar at the bottom with play.pause etc. If you cannot get it to play, I will see if I can provide a bit of a summary later. I have been reading Lamm's new version of this book..."A Brave New World of Health Care Revisited".
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Here's what the alternatives are. Courtesy of Eugene Robinson, we now know that in Texas, where science and math are electives but the bible is required, the average family in Texas paid an extra $2,786 in premiums to cover care for the uninsured. We don't have to show you no stinking Medicaid. His source: Families USA.
robertacastill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not able to open the link........!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: