myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
A combat officer appears to be facing prison and loss of his career because he used his own email account to warn superiors of a jihadist in their unit who shortly thereafter killed three of his fellow soldiers. Yet the IRS bitch who set up a private email account under a false name specifically to conduct criminal business including using the full power of the IRS as a weapon against conservatives doesn't even get a slap on the wrist?

I'd rather eat warm dog crap than support this administration, and I'm sick and tired of people living in other nations, whose news are even more tightly controlled than the U.S. media, presuming to know more about U.S. issues than we do. I wonder how many of you even know that the White House bans press photographers and reporters from many, maybe most, indoor meetings and events involving our self-described "most transparent president in history". To avoid candid moments or facial expressions or a scratch here and there, the White House now issues its own carefully posed photos for the media. How many of you remember Pravda and TASS from the U.S.S.R.? No wonder the entire media, sometimes even including Chris Matthews, are having to often admit this guy is a bigger crook and fraud than Nixon ever was.

you are a fool, again the only grop to lose 501 that I have seen was a liberal group.

and the group heads were people anointed by the Bush administration at the time.

way over your pay grade...

I would ban the right wing owned media from my personal photos too. Did you know that the enquirer media of ruppy murdoch , again murdochs media is even having people in it go to jail to the highest levels, and they are just a media. anyway ruppy the autrailian largest owner of media in the US world ordered his camera med id the atlanta braves in the world seris owner a liberal ted Turner picked his nose or any unflattering shot to be broadcast live. That is how despicable that media criminal is. and again right winger love him and his criminal enterprise.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen Chuck Schumer is a perfect example of why we should fear (too much) government. His latest bombshell differs from Hitler's Germany and Stalin's USSR only by a matter of genocide: he said Barack Obama should bypass Congress and use the IRS to curtail Tea Party activity. Shades of the SS and the KGB! I can think of no other statement that egregious and alarming by any high-level official in the history of this nation.

For the lefties here, it calls for using the one government agency many of us fear most to use its force to censor the thought of over 100 million people who, even if they don't wear Tea Party badges and thump their bibles, believe in the founding principles of a limited and responsible government, individual self-reliance, a republic rather than a mob-rules democracy, and healthy, competitive, moderately-regulated capitalism.

And for the BSNBC fans, the IRS admitted targeting the Tea Party and other conservatives for an incredible barrage of years of prohibitive scrutiny and outright barriers liberal groups do not face.

Then add Cuomo's similar statement (with De Blasio's support) that "extremists" who believe in a right to life, oppose gay marriage, or choose assault rifles (arguably the best home defense weapon for women because it has virtually no kick) have no place in New York. This, from the state and city of the Statue of Liberty, about which has been written:

<<<"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The Statue of Liberty was originally called "Liberty Enlightening the World," and this is truly her task - to enlighten mankind to the noble ideals of freedom and equality that belong to each one, and to hold high the standard of hope that light will always triumph over darkness. This is the promise represented in the Statue - that through every conflict, war, or loss, through every dispossession or abandonment of principle, the torch of freedom will continue to be held high. ">>>

Until now, when these two bigoted, frightened, ignorant, "progressive" neanderthals want that light extinguished.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, whether it is NSA spying, murder of 55 million babies, IRS targeting, 2nd amendment rights, EPA destroying jobs etcetera, the left only seem to care about putting their hands in someone else's pockets.

75% of Americans believe we are still in a recession. What an amazing stat. Meanwhile for the last 30 years Americans have been losing purchasing power.

Rick Santelli hit the nail on the head today. It seems like the stock market is worried about all the central bank interventions. Gold may be interesting again.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my finger hovering over that button for months now. The skids are greased in preparation for a V bottom.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday, Jan. 24, 2014, after two highly controversial tweets, Matt Drudge, enigmatic founder of the Drudge Report added a third cryptic four-word tweet. Drudge left this tweet dangling on his Twitter page, open to interpretation at will. Drudge tweeted, "Have an exit plan..."

For context, on Jan. 23, Matt first tweeted, "They are going after the Obama critics with indictments. VA Gov. Now Dinesh D'souza. Holder unleashing the dogs." Immediately on the same day, he added another tweet, "Holder dangling 'indictments' over News Corp's head too. Behavior modification."

Times article
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
"They are going after the Obama critics with indictments. VA Gov. Now Dinesh D'souza. Holder unleashing the dogs." Immediately on the same day, he added another tweet, "Holder dangling 'indictments' over News Corp's head too. Behavior modification."

Times article

Great!! Gonna be a terrific show!

It'll set Faux News and MSNBC spinning for weeks, maybe months.

And Mikey'll be in orbit with his lasers.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone thinks that New Corps committed no crimes? Must be a Fox regular.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Someone thinks that New Corps committed no crimes? Must be a Fox regular.

That's not the point Mac and you know it. This is about Nazi style round em up tactics and throw the book at anyone who disagrees with you. IRS, Meta Data, Criminal over charging.

Things could go the other way politically speaking and you'd be toast. Is that the kind of country you want to live in? People afraid to speak their minds?
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so you support amnesty for all right wing crimes. Got it. Not surprised. My bumper sticker says "indict Cheney."
LHDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Sen Chuck Schumer is a perfect example of why we should fear (too much) government. His latest bombshell differs from Hitler's Germany and Stalin's USSR only by a matter of genocide: he said Barack Obama should bypass Congress and use the IRS to curtail Tea Party activity. Shades of the SS and the KGB! I can think of no other statement that egregious and alarming by any high-level official in the history of this nation...

I have a different take on this. I think it illustrates how (even sophisticated) people can be convinced that perfectly competent and honorable politicians are a threat to you and your country. This was one of the strategies exploited by the Nazis to gain support, and it appears as important as ever to understand how it is done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 16 of 63

Jump to: