myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but how could we blame the Democrats? It was a number of the GOP people who openly stated that a shutdown was the desired method of repealing Obamacare. It was about 50 Members and a few Senators who actively worked to go down that path. Indeed, Senator Cruz was discovered by the House Majority Whip to have gathered nearly all those 50 Members in a basement room of a DC restaurant actually whipping their votes to oppose any House bill to reopen the gov't or raise the debt ceiling.

It's simply not genuine to equate that sort of behavior with "refusing to negotiate" a law passed in 2009 as the GOP talking points would have us do.

The White House has at least sent to the House several budget proposals for consideration. Yet, the GOP controlled House has sent NONE to either the Senate or the White House. Creating a budget is the House's Constitutional responsibility. It created zero working groups with the Senate to pound out areas of budget agreement. Nothing.

Honestly and directly, a small fringe in the House and Senate prevented the House leadership from even caucusing. Blame for that is shared with the Speaker.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothers me about Cruz is he went to war without a winning strategy. Obama just played it to maximize the media circus. Obama won.

It would have been a far better strategy to let the ACA implode or be successful on its own. I think conservative know which way it'll go.

IMO, next time they shut the government down, they'd better be willing to let it stay shut, or just shut up. They've got the can rolling down the road as well as could be expected....again.

I think the Vets know that Obama used them. The problem is, by next election millions of them will be dead. The R's better find a way to ingratiate themselves with the Hispanic community, or the whole thing will go the way of Cuba.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
What bothers me about Cruz is he went to war without a winning strategy. Obama just played it to maximize the media circus. Obama won.

It would have been a far better strategy to let the ACA implode or be successful on its own. I think conservative know which way it'll go.

IMO, next time they shut the government down, they'd better be willing to let it stay shut, or just shut up. They've got the can rolling down the road as well as could be expected....again.

I think the Vets know that Obama used them. The problem is, by next election millions of them will be dead. The R's better find a way to ingratiate themselves with the Hispanic community, or the whole thing will go the way of Cuba.

"Obama won",,,,,,,, sorta, sequestration is still in place, that is excellent on so many levels, and, no delays for our private mandates, which is also good.
You say that you want Obamacare to implode on it's own, well without any delays, the chances of that happening are even greater.

I'll take what I can get, and those two things are wins in my book.

Oh, and many vets are young and will be around for a long time, and they didn't like seeing how the older vets were used, they won't forget it.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I agree with bard, he's pretty close here:

Quote:

Actually Pelosi won. P.s.--tell NW his hero lost. NW thinks the path to success is to get rid of folks like McCain.

The amateurs elected to Congress, with such disdain and hatred for Obama, lost all battles on the ACA. They played all or nothing rather than politics. They learned nothing from their first defeat--the time Obama rather than Congress won, and they have learned nothing from this defeat. And I will love the Hillary, or Elizabeth Warren ads during the next Presidential campaign that show the smarmy demagogue Ted Cruz reading "I do not like them Sam I am." Boy what a leadership profile!

Meanwhile, California job market and real estate is on fire. Carbon footprint is down--I guess that didn't actually kill the economy, eh? Wind up the propellers.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The downside for our country....30,000 signatures so far.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/17/moveon-petitions-arrest-boehner-cantor-sedition/

Let's hope the Veterans know what they're fighting for NW.

Mac, the real estate market is on fire. It's so hot, it probably will implode again. The downside is, I've got guys calling me all day looking for work. They used to make $25 per hour, now want $12. I'd put them to work if I could. Real estate in prime areas used to return 10%. Today, you're lucky to get 4%. This cannot be good for the future.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
many vets are young and will be around for a long time, and they didn't like seeing how the older vets were used, they won't forget it.

"Won't forget it" is possibly the biggest understatement in the history of politics. Shutting out the living vets there to speak to their fallen comrades but letting in the illegal aliens with Nancy at the helm to demand amnesty was bad enough, but refusing to pay death benefits to the families of fallen soldiers, especially after just passing a law expressly allowing it despite the shutdown, is considered by most active duty and retired military people and most pundits the most egregious and deliberately harmful act any administration has ever committed. Vets will seethe right through the next few national elections.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are bought and paid for by the Heritage Foundation or Jim Demint, why in the world would you expose them? This guy is scumbag of epic proportion...shocking people actually thought he would grab the nomination.but, not really.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/10/17/sen-cruz-places-hold-on-obama-nominee/
mac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimping to keep secret money secret. What presidential timber. Why as might as--bamboo?
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
This guy is scumbag of epic proportion...

Jim Demint's a scumbag?

You're giving scumbags a bad name.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mac"]

Actually Pelosi won. P.s.--tell NW his hero lost. NW thinks the path to success is to get rid of folks like McCain.

[quote]
You got me right for once, and I'm throwing Peter King in there as well, and all the country club RINOs in DC that have been there too long, they've mutated into the "inside of the beltway" thinking, and in the process, forgetting why their constituents voted them in there in the first place. There is an inherent reason why we often don't get what we expect with our elected officials, electing spineless representatives, who succumb to wanting the MSM to like them, Cruz is not one of them, his reward will come someday, and it won't be a negative thing that many here would love to place on him.
So feel free to try, I'm sure many here will, BFD.
Reagan was another one, he didn't fear the MSM either.
Cruz, all by himself, brought this government to a halt, don't forget it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 6 of 63

Jump to: