myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gybster has, yet again, cherry-picked information to attack Obama, without suggesting either one of his own brilliant ideas, or one that his party will propose and have the political skill to implement. It is ironic that he would cite the BEA--so I will give you the lead off their web site:

Quote:
Quarterly data: Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States -- decreased at an annual rate of 2.9 percent in the first quarter of 2014 according to the "third" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the fourth quarter of 2013, real GDP increased 2.6 percent.

I would like to remind those from little state's who depend disproportionately on defense revenues--and all the sleazy politics that entails--that California's GDP remains the strongest in the Country, well above Texas and New York. And while the international recovery has been sluggish, the US economy is only eclipsed by that of all the European Union. http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/GDP

The party of no has a persistent but unhelpful poster here. If you want to see how he selectively cut a quarter out of a trend going back to 2012, look here:
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/industry/gdpindustry/gdpind_glance.htm

How do you know that mrgybe is misrepresenting the facts? He's typing.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy--didn't follow up on Peter Schiff--but wouldn't you know he hangs out with the Koch's at Aspen: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Koch_Aspen_Seminar_Attendees

He seems tied into the gold scamsters: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2099443-peter-schiff-is-wrong-on-gold-again

That he is tied to Ron Paul as a candidate and has political ambitions. Just the kind of guy to appeal to the right, particularly those who don't have any alternatives to suggest. But then, he is not as bad as Charles Lindbergh!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually ran for Senator in CT. A hypester of biblical proportions...I ve followed him for over ten years, and met him out here when he was recruiting for his firm, which is barely breathing.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
don't forget to catch the President's remarks on global warming tonight.

That's far scarier -- and apparently much more threatening -- than AGW itself. He has surrounded himself with sycophants carefully chosen expressly because they think like he does, labeled them as czars and department heads to give them credibility in the minds of the gullible, and then informs us that "My expert advisers have persuaded me that ...".

I don't think he even understands that this entire form of government is one big circular argument. For the dumb masses (who must say that out loud to understand it), here's how that works:
Pres: "Do you think like me?"
Czar/dept head prospect: "Yes."
Pres: "Then you're hired. Now ... what do you think about ...?"
Pres, later, robotically converting teleprompter text into human speech, "MY FELLOW AMERICANS; My esteemed advisers tell me .... I don't need no steenkin' legislation, as I will issue a very expensive edict tomorrow that you must obey at any cost. If you prefer to keep your old plan -- exhaling CO2 -- you may ... for now ... Period ... until I decree otherwise. Remember … it’s for the little children … who will pay very dearly for it for their entire lives. BWAHAHAHAHA. "

pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
That's far scarier -- and apparently much more threatening -- than AGW itself. He has surrounded himself with sycophants carefully chosen expressly because they think like he does, labeled them as czars and department heads to give them credibility in the minds of the gullible, and then informs us that "My expert advisers have persuaded me that ..."
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike will be the last holdout, with water lapping at his chin. But he claims to be a scientist. We all know he's just crazy.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Mike will be the last holdout, with water lapping at his chin. But he claims to be a scientist. We all know he's just crazy.

The sad--and amusing--thing is that Mikey doesn't really care one way or the other. If Obama opposed all initiatives to solve global warming, then Mikey would be all over it and screaming that the tide was rising but Obama didn't care. He'd blame Obama, again.

It's just one of Mikey's 1001 chapters on O-hate.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, boy, will coincidences never end? The administration is having SUCH a run of bad luck! Now the EPA lost the emails congress has demanded from IT. Seems the hard drives of the involved parties crashed.

Of COURSE they didn't report it, as required by federal law.

Yeah, we know, mac ... I'm a racist.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fool. A crazy fool.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
He actually ran for Senator in CT. A hypester of biblical proportions...I ve followed him for over ten years, and met him out here when he was recruiting for his firm, which is barely breathing.

So the facts he cited regarding the impact on GDP of severe winters are wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 51 of 63

Jump to: