myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Now ... right after the midterm elections and two years before the presidential election ... the 30,000 missing and irrecoverable IRS emails show up. Are those darn Democrats lucky or what?

WHAT!

Anyone who thinks that timing is coincidental watches BSNBC.

Well lets see what was in these emails...

Again she/her group investigated liberal groups too. It is just that there are way more right wing groups in the USA filing for this because the right wingers have more money to hide from people knowing who is disclosing. Again from the numbers I have seen it is about a 10 to one ratio. And by the way still to date only one group was denied, and it was a liberal group. to this date not one right wing group was denied.

Where is the right wing moral outrage over the only group of the political was a liberal group that was denied the 501 status.

walterr.ruiz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A government is the system by which a state or community is governed. In the Commonwealth of Nations, the word government is also used more narrowly to refer to the collective group of people that exercises executive authority in a state. This usage is analogous to what is called an "administration" in American English. For more writing help you can hire custom essay writing service for college writing works.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thanks. I don't knowingly patronize criminals, cheaters, OR spammers, let alone all three.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walterr.ruiz wrote:
For more writing help you can hire custom essay writing service for college writing works.

To use this service and submit the resulting essay for college credit is cheating and plagiarism. Any student caught doing this should fail that course, be subject to disciplinary action, and possibly be expelled... your plagiarism window dressing statement not withstanding.

smithmail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
No, thanks. I don't knowingly patronize criminals, cheaters, OR spammers, let alone all three.

Same...
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, do you think the Tea Party will do something about this? Or did they do it in the first place?

[quote...the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) has issued a report showing that at the state and local level, government is, indeed, engaged in redistribution — but it’s redistribution from the poor and the middle class to the wealthy.

It’s entirely true that better-off people pay more in federal income taxes than the less well-to-do. But this leaves out not only Social Security taxes, but also what’s going on elsewhere.

The institute found that in 2015, the poorest fifth of Americans will pay, on average, 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes and the middle fifth will pay 9.4 percent. But the top 1 percent will pay states and localities only 5.4 percent of their incomes in taxes.

When you think about it, such figures should not come as a surprise. Most state and local governments rely on regressive taxes — particularly sales and excise levies. Poor and middle-class people pay more simply because they have to spend the bulk of their incomes just to cover their costs.

This gets to something else we don’t discuss much: Public policies in most other well-to-do countries push much harder against inequality than ours do. According to the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS), the United States ranks 10th in income inequality before taxes and government transfers. By this measure, Ireland and Britain, and even Sweden and Norway, are more unequal than we are. But after government transfers are taken into account, the good old USA soars to first in inequality. Norway drops to 6th place and Sweden to 13th.[/quote]
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the solution is the "fair tax plan".
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you like a federal law mandating these rules in our sport on ANY and ALL water:
1. You will launch only at public ramps approved and posted expressly for that purpose.

2. Their number will be very dramatically curtailed.

3. You will sail only on 20-foot-wide paths designated by buoys and maps and enforced by armed police with arrest authority.

4. All launches and trails can and will be closed any day and/or season at the whim of local or federal officials.

5. No planing allowed simply because there won’t be ROOM to plane and, as we all know, it’s dangerous in crowds.

Silly? Unfortunately, such a law is reportedly being defined next month (February) and enforced soon thereafter for snowmobiling in our national forests.

Most of you laugh at the comparison. Only those of you who have flown or cruised snowmobiles over tens of thousands of square miles of snow-covered (thus protected from impact) forests, meadows, seasonally closed ski resorts, hill- and mountain-sides, cornices, frozen lakes, ice/slush/powder, incredible and often sci-fi-level scenery, and much more in terrain no ocean ever sees can even begin understand the limitations on average citizens imposed by this impending law: Snowmobiling will be forbidden everywhere in national forests except on designated trails, just as that idiot California state trooper forbade me to eat my GD sammich on his watch because there was no sign there saying “Eat Your GD Sammich Here”.

That reduces access by what … 99.99 percent in area and 99% in quality? … compared to the opposite rule that has worked fine for the last 98 years, when snowmobiling was allowed anywhere in national forests except in rare, designated, abnormally vulnerable little spots. I can see managing snowmobile access to Yellowstone, but the OTHER 300,000 square miles? Absolutely asinine.

Environmentalist whining against snowmobiling per se by those who don’t fully and first-handedly understand open-country snowmobiling as presently practiced nationwide, by anyone who ever uses a car or bus or plane, by anyone who uses any product of the cattle/synthetics/food/electronics … hell, ANY ... industries, or by anyone who thinks snowmobiles scare passing deer is pointless, hypocritical, meaningless, and simply stupid. Stow it or back it up with substantiated facts and broadly relevant personal experience, not zealotry and the Huffington Post.

The combination of freedom, exhilaration, scenery, and accessibility to both healthy and physically impaired people of cross-country snowmobiling far exceed that of windsurfing. But now some fugging, clueless, sticks-up-their-ass, city-bound bureaucrats whose idea of fun is sitting on their asses watching OTHERS have fun on TV want to virtually shut it down, likely influenced by that great fitness and exercise guru Michael Moore and by Cronkite-peer-journalist Harry Reasoner, who once declared snowmobiling (and by implication any personal sport) a waste of time.

You GD left wing freaks want Big Government? Well, here it comes, and if you think our sport will escape it, I think you’re dreaming. MANY great Gorge launches have already been closed by it, and I see complaints here every month about its impacts on your home turf. Wake up, WISE up, and stop encouraging these officious, completely ignorant, overzealous control freaks with your votes.

Gorge Orwell was right … just 30 years early in his predictions. 1984 is long gone; our last chance to nip this insanity in the bud is in 2016.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, it makes perfect sense to limit, control and manage a bunch of petrol head snowmobile fanatics racing around polluting nature with an excess of noise and exhaust fumes. The same goes for offroad motorcycle fanatics tearing up the countryside.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally with you SWC.

They are noisy and they stink. A mountain pass 5 miles from my house had the distinction of having the cleanest air in the nation. It has turned into a snowmobile mecca. I used to climb a ridge to ski some powder shots up there on a regular basis.

In the old days, the snowmobiles kept to one side of the highway and there weren't that many. So no big deal. We kept off their trails...they kept off our slopes. No government involved.

Then the population of snowmobiles grew and the snowmobiles started on our side. Plus, the new machines are capable of climbing very steep slopes. One day, my wife and I climbed for an hour to reach a virgin slope to ski, only to have a snowmobile "high mark" the slope below us as we prepared to ski it...ruined the run.

I used to be a strong advocate of mixed use. Not as much now that the snowmobiles are "overpopulated". I will now fight them for the resource. That's how it works!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 57 of 63

Jump to: