myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Which type of sail?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Unifiber chart:

Looks like of the sails easily available in the USA, Sailworks, Simmer Sails and Hot Sails Maui are the same bend curve.

Per that Uniber chart Goya is more flex top that Hot Sails Maui, but a friend of mine uses a Goya mast in his Hot Sails Maui sail and says it works well for him, make of it what you will.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
Re: Unifiber chart:

Looks like of the sails easily available in the USA, Sailworks, Simmer Sails and Hot Sails Maui are the same bend curve.

Per that Uniber chart Goya is more flex top that Hot Sails Maui, but a friend of mine uses a Goya mast in his Hot Sails Maui sail and says it works well for him, make of it what you will.

well you done did missed a few readily available sials , USA, Ezzy & Naish, Norhtwave , Aerotech, just going from memory.

pretty sure that Simmer Sails are on the flextop side of CC. Goya will be fine on a NoLimitz mast, Goyas mast are indeed made by NO LIMITZ, the right one would be just fine on a HotSails

I would view the Hot Sails as close to the Neil Pryde curve in the Unifiber chart, serious flex top.

this chart is done by a European mast company and is by no means definitive , I do find it useful. Changes in the sail designer will alter things to add to confusion.

While I don't have any, No Limitz has a combination of the original & Sumo, that are said to work on almost anything, including those that are VERY HARD//OR very soft top.

Sailworks is more way CC than flex top

the one thing on the mast curve ratings is these only go as high as 22, so a difference of 2 either side is significant, around 10% change

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: