myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Are you serious about your health, fitness, and longevity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 pages? Are you kidding me? Isobars has really leased a lot of space in your heads. He must be happier than a shirtless bodybuilder directing traffic (my new favorite Geiko commercial). Actually, he could get huge lifting weights 2 times in one month. WOW!

He lives to fight and you guys just keep sending him ammunition. If we said he was right, he would still argue. I haven't read the 10 pages here, who could, but I hope you've inflicted a few wounds!

Let me be the first to say, you're right Mike! You're always right! Do it your way!

See how easy that was...The End! (I wish)
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

Without a doubt, isobars is known for is his total lack of introspection and humility. When it comes down to it, he's at a loss to understand how his manner and style work against him.

entire post mirrors my thinking. very nettlesome reading this thread, I have noticed that regular posters have stayed away, good on them.

going back to Gillian's Island, its the episode where the Professor makes a airplane from coconuts and the Minnows rudder

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is isobars more interested in - educating others about the things he read, or creating discussions that keep him busy for hours at end?

If it is educating others, then there is certainly a lot of room for improvement. If it is to create long discussions, he seems to be doing rather well.

isobars attempts at "educating" remind me a bit of a professor I once had. This professor gave rather bad lectures on purpose - he had no interest in educating anyone who had problems following his lectures. He was a genius, and the thought of teaching below-average students caused him almost physical pain. Of course, I also had plenty of professors whose poor attempts at teaching simply reflected their limited intellect and effort.

I also had the pleasure to take classes with professors who were just as intelligent, but had a very different attitude towards teaching. They had refined their teaching to an absolutely astonishing level. I think everyone, including the worst and the best students, learned a lot more in these classes, and had a lot more fun. These professors were widely respected by their students and peers.

The cite from a great Meat Loaf song: "What's it going to be, boy?"
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well......there Pilgrim

my question id did the runner make it or not ?

that kid can really fly

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailboarder wrote:
One way to do so is to compare part of the advice with things you already know. If you one agrees with 40%, is puzzled with 40% and knows the reminding 20% is total bullshit, the best on-the-spot decision is to dismiss the advice.

If from one source, maybe so, but this list derives from hundreds of studies performed by dozens of researchers. It also seems logical to me to consider each finding on its own merits, including such factors as simplicity, applicability, risk, etc. For example, I REALLY like the items about HFCS, carb preloading, seniors not bulking easily, core strength (needs more personal verification for me because of my preferred sailing style), intervals on an empty stomach, the specific "cure" for prolonged sitting, and muscle cramps. Almost all the rest were not news to me so were already put to good use, including losing 25 unnecessary pounds very easily, avoiding statins, avoiding radiation treatment, maybe even reversing my cancer, reversing prediabetes, sprinting for blown-away rigs on big days, accelerating healing from injuries and surgery ... and, of course, vetting this book. The benefits I gained from the BBS and PACE books (+ other books on their topics) are already absolutely priceless.

The info is organized in topical chapters in the book, and I generally followed that grouping. Topic overlap prevents distinct separation.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsurfr wrote:
What is isobars more interested in - educating others about the things he read, or creating discussions that keep him busy for hours at end?

If it is educating others, then there is certainly a lot of room for improvement.

I can't and won't try to educate close-minded people. I just throw it out there, support it when I think it's worthwhile, and let people choose for themselves what to do with it.

What I DON'T do is make every damned thread about isobars rather than the printed topic. The last thing I need is more demands on my very limited time, long or short term.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone out there believe this?

Quote:
What I DON'T do is make every damned thread about isobars rather than the printed topic. The last thing I need is more demands on my very limited time, long or short term.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer; Of course not.

But why give the conceited the oxygen of publicity? Ignore!
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What I DON'T do is make every damned thread about isobars rather than the printed topic. The last thing I need is more demands on my very limited time

Now that is funny! Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Techno said, Chandler, a dialogue is more informative than a monologue.

Only in Chandlerland (and NW-Windtalk) is a factual response to false ad hominem considered antagonistic.

Not everyone considers life a shallow, self-serving popularity contest. Some of us take its pragmatic elements seriously. You might try it sometime; the ROI can be huge.

You might also try contributing to the topic rather than to the angst. mac doesn't seem capable of that outside politics (does he even windsurf?), but you can do it when you try; we've seen it. You apparently even have a sense of humor: " I'm not simply making things up about him".

Now, please ... can we get back on topic? Some people may wish to discuss exercise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: