myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nelson Mandela
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, Obama was not presidential material. He was supported by the far left and the oligarchs. They easily control him.

A man who has the credentials to be president is Allen West. He was groomed to be a leader of men. Has style but is tempered. Respects tradition. Respects the military. Has been to war, and does not want to be there again. There are many black leaders who would be better than Obama. You've got to get over the race issue. Considering that there are more Latinos than Blacks, it might be nice to see one on center stage too.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And Chandler, he's too afraid to shake my hand at the beach....try it some time."

Oh really? It's ironic that I've met and talked with most of the locals at Leo. I guess they have been a bit more open to non-locals. It's not like you don't know who I am. Maybe next season you'll have the opportunity to visit.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Mac, Obama was not presidential material.

Perhaps true.

But as Einstein quipped, "Everything's relative."

The US had just finished eight years with Darth Vader as the acting prez and Alfred E. Newman as the puppet president.

To make it worse -- or better for SNL -- the GOP was presenting an almost-incompetent candidate with a hilariously, outrageously under-qualified airline stewardess for VP.

Think back.... Palin, Bachmann, Santorium, Pawlenty, Perry, Cain, Paul, Noot...

If Palin could've stopped screeching, she would have heard the Russians laughing from her back porch.

So, what was that about "not presidential material"?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"And Chandler, he's too afraid to shake my hand at the beach....try it some time."

Oh really? It's ironic that I've met and talked with most of the locals at Leo. I guess they have been a bit more open to non-locals. It's not like you don't know who I am. Maybe next season you'll have the opportunity to visit.

Ah yes, now isn't this nice? Over politics, that's what I'm talking about. Keep drinking the poison.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask you reinerehlers, do you talk politics at the beach, or do you really want to?

Speaking for myself, it's not something that's always on my mind, so I normally wouldn't. That's not to say that I won't if someone wants my opinion on something. Of course, when it comes to politics, I'm going to be the same person here or there.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
a hilariously, outrageously under-qualified airline stewardess for VP.

Sexist
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
....A man who has the credentials to be president is Allen West. .

Batman?
pointster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Poinster--a very interesting take "this sort of demonization is inspired by hyper-partisanship, or, maybe more accurately, tribalism." Hardly comforting, since tribalism is by its nature prejudicial, and treats the members of other tribes as less than human. It hardly excuses "Obango", or Obama phones--I know of no world in which those attacks are not racist.

But the problem with your conclusion is that it doesn't match the facts. In fact, most people in this country harbor negative views of blacks, it has increased while Obama is President, and those attitudes are much more common in Republicans

I was not denying racism exists. I was just saying that Obam is primarily being demonized because he is a Democrat, as is Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. Consider the Swift Boating of John Kerry, the accusations that the Clintons were involved in drug running and the murder of Vince Foster.

To be clear, I don't like hyper-partisanship any more than I do racism. I do know that if I want to constructively engage with conservatives, blanket charges of racism will not further my efforts.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
....A man who has the credentials to be president is Allen West. .

Batman?

I would prefer that Allan West, to the nut that Bard has fallen for...along with his favorite past Tea PArty darlings....Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
pueno wrote:
a hilariously, outrageously under-qualified airline stewardess for VP.

Sexist

Realist.

But you're right... she wouldn't qualify to be a stewardess.

Stewardesses must speak in complete, coherent, and comprehensive sentences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: