myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nelson Mandela
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:

Even Colin Powel a right winger

This alone tells me just how out of touch you really are.
Powell has long ago been abandoned by the GOP as a RHINO at best.
You have to get with it, if you want to keep up your charade.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of respect for my South African friend and my own mistake in sullying the spirit of the post, I propose we close this and move on to another subject.

Simply put, I'm glad Mandela changed for the better and best wishes to the S African people who desperately need the spirit of compromise and compassion as they move on without him.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandela's transformation from terrorist and communist to global rights hero is admirable. Why hide it?

BTW ... I trust that NO ONE believed Al Sharpton's/BSNBC's deliberate misrepresentation of what O'Reilly said about Mandela. Anyone who does isn't sufficiently informed to be in a political debate.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
bajaDean wrote:

was not aware that he was thrown out the party by the right wing.

why would they cut and run from a wounded soldier that took a huge bullet for the lies of the president. Didn't he do the right wing thing there lie for the president to get us into a war. Oh the right wing do not have the back of their soldiers I see.

Now from what I can see is the right wing would be better off throwing the KKK, skin heads, Neo Nazi types to the curb from their party than a General who took a bullet for the cause.

can you back up that you threw him under the bus.

was it because he told the truth about there is no vote fraud, so the new laws are racially motivated.. So for telling the truth as opposed to lying for the party he is hated?

Is he still a Fox contributor?

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up. Sorry Capetonian
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
nw30 wrote:
bajaDean wrote:

why would they cut and run from a wounded soldier that took a huge bullet for the lies of the president. Didn't he do the right wing thing there lie for the president to get us into a war. Oh the right wing do not have the back of their soldiers I see.

Now from what I can see is the right wing would be better off throwing the KKK, skin heads, Neo Nazi types to the curb from their party than a General who took a bullet for the cause.

was it because he told the truth about there is no vote fraud, so the new laws are racially motivated.. So for telling the truth as opposed to lying for the party he is hated?

Fox contributor? Couldn't tell you, but you should know, considering your views on the main stream media.

But, as I was saying, you must have stopped paying attention to Powell as soon as he indorsed BHO for president, and he's been carrying BHO's water ever since, but you should know that. I know you live way beyond where the American buses run, but still you are showing your lack of keeping up with the times, I know you have a computer, you are posting here after all.
Oh and BTW, the mainstream media has been carrying BHO's water for the same amount of time as well. Hint, hint.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
nw30 wrote:
bajaDean wrote:

Fox contributor? Couldn't tell you, but you should know, considering your views on the main stream media.

But, as I was saying, you must have stopped paying attention to Powell as soon as he indorsed BHO for president, and he's been carrying BHO's water ever since, but you should know that. I know you live way beyond where the American buses run, but still you are showing your lack of keeping up with the times, I know you have a computer, you are posting here after all.
Oh and BTW, the mainstream media has been carrying BHO's water for the same amount of time as well. Hint, hint.

you are too funny, first you claim I am out of touch, then you the obviously self proclaimed expert on all things right wing, can not even tell me if the 4 star general is on your top right wing pravda channel. So you need to look in the mirror when you bear false witness against your neighbor.

mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad, but not surprising, that the right jumped this thread. They have long hated Mandela. From Byron Williams column:

Quote:
Shortly after Mandela's release in 1990, the New York Times reported that the Central Intelligence Agency, during the Kennedy administration, played an important role in the 1962 arrest of Mandela.

The intelligence service, using an agent inside the African National Congress, which Mandela led, provided South African security officials with precise information about his activities that enabled the police to arrest him.

The right wing in the US backed the apartheid regime. Carter had imposed sanctions on South Africa, and criticized the regime publicly. Reagan reversed that policy, and supported South Africa. The more extreme elements of the right wing--Russel Kirk, Jerry Falwell, and Jesse Helms all supported apartheid. My representative, Ron Dellums, led an effort to place sanctions on South Africa, and to override Reagan's veto of that bill.

The accusations were blatantly racist. Again, from Williams:

Quote:
Conservative icon Russell Kirk argued in the National Review after Mandela's arrest that the end of apartheid was synonymous with the end of democracy and that it "would bring anarchy and the collapse of civilization." Adding, "[it] would be domination by witch doctors (still numerous and powerful) and reckless demagogues."

Even as global momentum was growing for Mandela's release, portions of the United States government were slow to respond. President Ronald Reagan saw Mandela through the myopic len of Cold War politics, rendering him unable to see Mandela's unjust suffering or black South Africans inhumane treatment.
In 1985, North Carolina Sen. Jesse Helms and televangelist Jerry Falwell stood with South African President P.W. Botha, then the face of Apartheid, offering the best way to help black South Africans was to invest in the South African Krugerrand.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/columns/ci_24713082/byron-williams-u-s-had-signficant-hand-mandelas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: