myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Do you....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Do you.... Reply with quote

Do you guys ever get tired of just hacking away at eachother?
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us are entertained by banging our heads against the wall.

I guess we all hope that at some point we can say "na na, na na na, I am right and you are wrong". It's just a pipe dream since neither side will ever acknowledge that their liberal or conservative believes are wrong.

However, regardless of which side one takes, I think we all learn a lot by engaging in these debates by both learning about how the other side thinks and by reading the copious amount of written material posted here.

And I for one don't hack away at anyone that posts here.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
neither side will ever acknowledge that their liberal or conservative believes are wrong.

And I for one don't hack away at anyone that posts here.

Doesn't matter. We will still get accused of it despite written proof to the contrary.

But I've been surprised how many self-described and de facto FAR left pundits, DNC heads and advisers, media news anchors and analysts, ex-Obama spokesmen, etc. have been turning on Obama on this health care and insurance fiasco and his lies -- often their word -- about it.

"No more bailouts!" just this week ... despite the recent revelations that the ACA expressly provides for automatic health care insurance company bailouts in the form of up-front guarantee of profits.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important thing one can learn here is that there is no right and left clearly divided ,opinions set in stone.
Those are imaginary people.
Did you read the thread where I laid out conservative principles and the libs here endorsed them to a great extent?
The imaginary libs don't think that way.
Only real liberals.
Imaginary liberals love to borrow money, want the US as deeply in debt as possible, want to pay slackers their tax money, want taxes to be sky high,hate America and freedom,are planning to take all our guns,and uh....hate America.
Ever met a real human being who held these views?

Not to mention evil conservatives who want to hand the country over to the corporations and who are dropping the hammer every day on gays,blacks,women,vegetarians,and ..... hate America.

Most expats like me, because we live outside the propaganda, agree that the partisan war based on these stereotypes is damaging the US.

In other words don't you guys get tired of hacking at each other?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ask because, as stated before, this type of exchange seems not so common in my neck of the woods. The last three times I've been in the US I have overheard or have been asked to participate in some sort of political exchange.
I was in Las Vegas this last week for my 25th anniversary, and overheard some people having a not so polite exchange on political views over breakfast at Denny's. It just seems odd to me in a way. The people on the next table to me were German and they had an interesting opinion of Americans and this type of exchange. I don't think they realized I spoke German but it was interesting to listen in.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question RR. There are two primary reasons that I post here, other than entertainment value. First, and my initial motivation, was to not let bullies like Mike Fick get that last word with a set of fake facts. Second, and what I find endlessly fascinating, is that I read a number of posters here to find out how in the world they came up with their conclusions. Particularly interesting is the dominance of Fox news and talk radio in feeding their acolytes a series of distortions, GOP talking points, and outright lies--and the eagerness of those on the right to swallow it whole. My grandfather was a significant journalist--editor of the Seattle Times, cited in Tom Brokaw's book for his integrity, his nickname was mac--and he would have his heart broken to see what some call journalism today.

The rationalizations are predictable--look no further than beaglebuddy's claim that any legitimate news organization--ie not Fox--" the work of every single television news outlet in this country save one is not doing the work of the DNC?"

I don't expect to change the mind of someone who considers responsible journalism "the work of the DNC." They've already told us they won't read responses. I read to listen to the occasional insightful and traditional conservative viewpoint. Several of us here--KC, coboardhead, and sometimes me, are more traditional conservatives. Careful with money, don't let government try to do things it can't do or the private sector can do much better, and so forth. And to out the nonsense that is posted so seriously and so often by the rabid righties. It isn't very hard, but it does keep me thinking.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
they won't read responses. ...

KC, coboardhead, and sometimes me, are more traditional conservatives.

The second line explains the first.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want some examples of your fake facts? Or is the nom de guerre mr fictionary unclear?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not the best thread to start hacking at each other.
We have the Mandala thread for that Very Happy
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeesh, what a bunch of hacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: