myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How Is The Recovery Really Doing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean when you're unemployed you're not supposed to lie around licking your wounds with your hand out? What's up with that?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
It sucks.

Exactly. This government has made it progressively more difficult for entrepreneurs to create jobs. This is not just economic circumstance, but an advancing oligarchy protected by regulations and barriers to entry. I could not do what I did as a young man to make it today.

And before anyone says I'm Obama bashing, Bush, Clinton and the growing bureaucracy had a hand in it too. I sadly sit at the dinner table and tell my son that in rapidly devolving economies, government jobs are the ticket to success.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for a race to Mars. When our goal was the moon, engineers were swamped with phone calls almost daily begging them to come work somewhere else for more money, starting tomorrow or Monday. And, of course, all those jobs generated support jobs. Good times were had by all.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
It sucks.

Exactly. This government has made it progressively more difficult for entrepreneurs to create jobs. This is not just economic circumstance, but an advancing oligarchy protected by regulations and barriers to entry. I could not do what I did as a young man to make it today.

And before anyone says I'm Obama bashing, Bush, Clinton and the growing bureaucracy had a hand in it too. I sadly sit at the dinner table and tell my son that in rapidly devolving economies, government jobs are the ticket to success.

Bard...I'm certainly glad NOBODY up here has your attitude, otherwise I would be out of business. The young energy, and brain power in this city is astounding, and I get to meet new kids everyday, inventing something new..and investing in it. Entrepeneurship at its best.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
Oh, for a race to Mars. When our goal was the moon, engineers were swamped with phone calls almost daily begging them to come work somewhere else for more money, starting tomorrow or Monday. And, of course, all those jobs generated support jobs. Good times were had by all.

Yeah -- all those jobs created with NASA-bucks, er, government money, um, tax receipts.

Aren't you supposed to be foaming, screaming, ranting, blustering, railing against all that, Mikey? Aren't you for smaller government, smaller budgets, lower taxes?
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
It sucks.

Bard...I'm certainly glad NOBODY up here has your attitude, otherwise I would be out of business. The young energy, and brain power in this city is astounding, and I get to meet new kids everyday, inventing something new..and investing in it. Entrepeneurship at its best.

The bay area bubble does not reflect what is going on in the rest of the country boggs.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, you forget my daughter graduated from Berkeley. Went to work for Cisco, then quickly became an investment banker. I'm aware of how fast things are moving for the few who are in the bubble.

The problem lies with those who don't have advanced degrees from Ivy League schools. The 98% who were born with a plastic spoon in their mouths like I was.

Yes, you can still make it in America. But even Obama admits it is no longer fair......even though he had his part in it.

And once again I say, taxes are not the way to make it fair. Making it easier for small business to compete is.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve ... I didnt forget that....I know you forgot to pm me when you were here for the birth of your grandkid, the North Tower was waiting.
JP..Bard....as you know , economies are local. Local in Texas, where a boom is taking place....local in the Bay Area, where tech , and biotech are booming...I would disagree that a bubble is forming. In 1999 tech PE was 170X, today its 12X , much different. Gilead is now the world's largest biotech company, spawning many small biotech firms...all over the state.
My post was a direct rebuttal that entrepeurship is dead...it certainly is not.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow it's not trickling down yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: