myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Malibu...

You have been a steadfast promoter of Netanyahu and his hard line approach to Israeli interests in the region. Don't you think our support of Israel, as they expand their territory, could have regional consequences?

Tough talk may require tough actions. You cannot have it both ways.

What expansion? You mean of their historic homeland? All archaeological evidence supports this. Buffer zone to protect themselves from the mad dog Islamists? They should have nuked Iran a long time ago.... Wink They have been very quiet considering all the threats made against them.

Putin, China, Iran, Isis, and other Trading Partners are acting poorly. I say cancel all trade agreements and rebuild American infrastructure. No war needed.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful! There is a lot of archaeological evidence where I live that proves us European descendants were not the first in the Southwest! Israel does expand their settlements and it pisses off neighbors.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They should have nuked Iran a long time ago...."

And what would we do if they did, particularly when things started going against them big time over the long run?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Careful! There is a lot of archaeological evidence where I live that proves us European descendants were not the first in the Southwest! Israel does expand their settlements and it pisses off neighbors.

OOOOOOH! They build apartment houses in their OWN COUNTRY after GIVING the Palestinian squatters land! They should all be nuked.

I'll never understand even if I live to be 75 why so many people hate Jews. Not saying you do, but why all the animosity, lies, outright hatred against them throughout the world? I've tried to read long analyses of the issue, but my eyes quickly glaze over at the subtle excuses the antisemitic and/or anti-Israel offer for their hatred. I've always been extremely impressed with the Torah's tenets if Dr. Laura's and Michael Medved's interpretation and application of them is any valid indication, and Israel's responses to the violent aggression their neighbors pile on them has been admirable.

Once again: if everyone stopped attacking their country, the strife would stop instantly. Who does that say is at fault?
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success that the conservatives will never admit. Unemployment rate, October 2009--10%. Current unemployment rate: 5.4%. Could it have gone down faster with a bigger stimulus? Yes. Have the Republicans tried to deny Obama any chance at success? Yes. http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Unemployment rate in the Bay area counties--where you guys have no idea how good the windsurfing is: Alameda--4.5%; Contra Costa--4.7%; San Mateo--3.2%; Santa Clara--3.8%. All Blue counties. If you scan through the red counties, many of them are ove 10%.

Let's look at another metric, the deficit. Remember that Bush proposed TARP, and Obama made it make sense. Deficit in 2009--$1.4 trillion. Deficit last year--$486 billion. The total debt--18 trillion and change--is just a little more than was lost in the great crash. Remember, caused by a bubble inflated by Republican de-regulation frenzy. It is about the size of one year of the US GDP. I don't know about the rest of you, but few in California can buy a house by borrowing the equivalent of one years salary.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GujLif0VZIg&t=179

Why I love the Jewish people in Israel.

Mac, keep drinking the koolaid. I can still hire outstanding technicians for $14 per hour.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a fool would call facts kool aid.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can still hire outstanding technicians for $14 per hour."

Do you offer them health insurance coverage?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"I can still hire outstanding technicians for $14 per hour."

Do you offer them health insurance coverage?

No. Obama care is the answer. If it weren't for these artificially low interest rates 25% of jobs would be gone. There is absolutely no wage inflation in our economy today. WHY DO YOU THINK JANET YELEN ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY THAT SHE'D KEEP RATES LOW AGAIN? Weren't we supposed to raise rates last year?

One of my top employees quit a while back. He just called me yesterday begging for his job back. I had put an ad in looking for a replacement, and in the first hour got 20 resumes . I had already hired a new guy and was very concerned that I'd have to tell him that I was sorry . A good story as it turned out , because his former employer agreed to hire him back too. Win win.

They had both quit looking for higher wages. There are 1000 guys waiting to take their places . This is a very very sad state of affairs in our nation. 15 years ago I paid guys like this double what they're making today . Disgusting

The good news for my guy is that I gave him a modest increase.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In contrast, I pay one of my better guys $28 and he is covered by our "socialized" medical system, plus I pay pension plan, vacation pay, employment insurance and workers compensation contributions on top of that. Same industry, different country, but totally different outcomes and income disparity. Mind you, I don't have a view of Lady Gaga's backyard, but I'm guessing that's a good thing. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_income_equality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 157 of 200

Jump to: