myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what they used to make before Obama..... Although to be fair, that's like $22 in U.S.A. Wink
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Although to be fair, that's like $22 in U.S.A. Wink

Only recently, when your economy was in the toilet we were on par and better for a bit. Plus don't forget all the legit stuff I'm paying for on top of that. Payroll adds 10% plus worker's comp. is another 8.6%, plus they're getting health care. Are you paying that to the Mexican dudes? Doubt it.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, Worker's Comp is astronomical. I just got audited and had to track down all my subs policies. I just talked to an electrical contractor, who told me that his lead guys get $20 an hour in his regular guys get $15 an hour. Crazy.

If you call 109 million people on food stamps a good economy and the highest rate of nonparticipation in the workforce in history a good economy, then you're smoking crack.

The cities would be burning if we did not have food stamps.

Just to be clear, my abundance did not come from workingmen. My good fortune has all been the result of the Federal Reserve . This is not unlike our wealthy friends from San Francisco . They just will not admit it. When the smoke and mirrors disappear I assume I will be no better off than my employees.
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, let's go back to the days when we had no regulation of worker safety--and workers died more frequently. There must be casualties in the war on the poor.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about regulation and worker's compensation.... I recently proposed in an industry magazine that worker's comp. should be a shared responsibility of employer and employee with an onus and responsibility on the employee for their own safety. A two tier system where the employer and the employee both contribute to the insurance of one's safety. In the event that an injury occurs it would be determined who was at fault. The party determined at fault would see penalties or increase in premiums. Both employer and employee would have a safety record. This way the employer could determine if he wanted to hire a employee based on their safety track record and the employee could decide the same if he wanted to work for a safe or unsafe employer.

The magazine proposed this proposition to the worker's compensation board because they thought it was "brilliant, practical, accountable, decreased likelihood of fraud, and was fare", as they put it. Unfortunately, the bozos who operate the worker's compensation board, in their usually quasi retarded and typical way of running a government agency, decided it was better to continue to loose billions and not entertain such nonsense. Oh well, can't fix stupid, and who has the time or money to lobby for change? I sure as hell don't.

Apparently they've waged war on the job creators / employers. Obviously if there are casualties it could never be the employees fault, and a "record" of one's personal responsibility is an infringement on their rights somehow. War on who, what, huh?
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP--A good idea. Now comes the political challenge--convincing people that it is an improvement, instead of calling them names. Convincing enough people so that it happens.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NP--A good idea. Now comes the political challenge--convincing people that it is an improvement, instead of calling them names. Convincing enough people so that it happens.

Sadly, that will probably happen at the barrel of a gun, rather than through good politics.
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rabid right's idea of democracy: "that will probably happen at the barrel of a gun."

Tell us again about how your innocent brother was fined big bucks for violating the Clean Water Act. You lawn order guys really wanna be outlaws without consequence. You have forgotten the distinction between liberty and license.

Quote:
“Liberty not only means that the individual has both the opportunity and the burden of choice; it also means that he must bear the consequences of his actions… Liberty and responsibility are inseparable.” -Friedrich von Hayek
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

I guess you missed this part. "who has the time or money to lobby for change? I sure as hell don't." And that is the truth, as it is for many / most self employed small business people. As for the names, when they stop confirming the observations, then I may consider. My daily and weekly dealings with civil servants can be described as a Gong Show at best.

BTW, teachers have been on strike here for the last five weeks. They say it's because they care about the students. Total BS! If they care so much, why not go on strike in the summer? Looks like my son may have lost his semester now. Can you feel the love? More entitled civil servants demanding from tax payers who will never come close to their compensation.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
OMG, Worker's Comp is astronomical. I just got audited and had to track down all my subs policies.

I legally can NOT pay a sub who has not proven to me that their WSIB is current by providing a "clearance certificate." If audited, and they find I have done so, I face fines. As of January 2014, a homeowner who hires a contractor who has not shown clearance can also face fines. The fines are not small either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 157, 158, 159 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 158 of 200

Jump to: