myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Epic Failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I saw the exchange and think McCain has lost it...I didnt get where he was going.

Boggsy, Let me help you.......

The President's entire National Security team, including the woman you are breathlessly waiting to run for President, recommended arming moderate Syrian rebels. The President told them that he's the smartest guy in the room and knows more than any of them, so he refused to follow their advice. As recently as six weeks ago he said it is a "fantasy" to consider arming those rebels, and dismissed them as "farmers and dentists". A central element of his new strategy is to arm those farmers and dentists and to do exactly what was recommended to him.

The President was wrong and has reversed himself.

The President's military advisers recommended a residual force in Iraq of about 20,000 to maintain hard won stability. The President told them that he's the smartest guy in the room, knows more than any of them and refused. We now have utter chaos in Iraq, about 1,500 elite troops on the ground, and are spending millions, with much more to come, bombing an unchecked radical force which his own SecDef says is "beyond anything we've seen".

Does that help?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain can't keep his story straight.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I saw the exchange and think McCain has lost it...I didnt get where he was going.

Boggsy, Let me help you.......

The President's entire National Security team, including the woman you are breathlessly waiting to run for President, recommended arming moderate Syrian rebels. The President told them that he's the smartest guy in the room and knows more than any of them, so he refused to follow their advice. As recently as six weeks ago he said it is a "fantasy" to consider arming those rebels, and dismissed them as "farmers and dentists". A central element of his new strategy is to arm those farmers and dentists and to do exactly what was recommended to him.

The President's military advisers recommended a residual force in Iraq of about 20,000 to maintain hard won stability. The President told them that he's the smartest guy in the room, knows more than any of them and refused. We now have utter chaos in Iraq, about 1,500 elite troops on the ground, and are spending millions, with much more to come, bombing an unchecked radical force which his own SecDef says is "beyond anything we've seen".

Does that help?

The President cannot force a sovereign nation to accept a residual force against their will. Did we not attempt to install a democracy in Iraq? Did not said democracy refuse to accept a residual force unless the residual force was subject to prosecution? Would you have agreed that the President leave a residual force that had no immunity?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You windsurf nailed it. It is sometimes easy to forget how, and why, policy decisions evolve.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G .... Nice spin ,you really are good. I was referring to McCain insisting carney was lying. It was not safe, nor possible to leave troops to protect the Shiite Non inclusive government that you are referring to.. In regards to the Syrian rebel support,Obama may be reversing himself, but I don't think it's a good idea. W scoffed at Kerry in the first debate when Kerry suggested we up the troop levels, he then reversed himself with the surge, it worked he got credit ... It happens.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
McCain can't keep his story straight.

Classic McCain , the same guy I saw on CNN the other night.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:
Obama's claimed coalition against ISIS ... nine nations, on paper.

... and it has already collapsed to zero. ZERO! Good leadership, there, boss. And why would any sane national leader follow Obama, considering his almost 100% record of abandoning our allies and revealing to the world the west's battle and withdrawal plans.

On top of that, he rejected his own military brass proposal to do what worked with the Taliban in Afghanistan: spooks on the ground guiding U.S. air strikes followed by local infantry mop-up.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
,Obama may be reversing himself, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Since this is what Hillary wants to do, presumably your enthusiasm for her is now diminished. Of course it was possible to leave troops. We've done that in nearly every conflict in which we have been involved in the last 70 years. As for Iraq "allowing" us to do that, is Syria "allowing" us to bomb ISIS within their borders? Superpowers do not wait for permission from tinpot autocrats when our national security is at stake. President Obama scoffed at ISIS. Said they were inconsequential, the "J/V team" despite the urgent warnings from his advisers. He told them he is the smartest man in the room and knows better than them.

He was wrong..........again. The next two years can't go by fast enough.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your just as excited for Hillary as I am!!!
Wishing for time to elapse is very un-zen, not healthy.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is crazy to move the US into the middle of this chart. And now, apparently, the red line between ISIS and the moderate rebels (you know the ones we support) is disappearing as they are both concentrating efforts against Assad.

Disclaimer...this chart may become outdated at any time and cannot possibly be verified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 73 of 200

Jump to: