myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Evolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want to point fingers at the "people" who represent Christianity then you will never fall short of finding poor examples.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, like Westboro Baptist or Jonestown ,or even the psycho in the link RR provided.
I judge Christians by the missionaries I have met all over the world and the lady that collects from us to give out free meals in Winter at my families Baptist church in Missouri.
I don't judge Americans based on mass murderers or windsurfers because of a guy who ran over me once.
I find it better to decide about each person one at a time.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
nw30, I like our thoughts, a lot. Yet I have my concerns you back the right but support the left on this religious crap.

Frederick, I think you'll find that some of us actually choose sides on and debate each issue independently, based on facts, opinions, and realities instead of blind ideology, party affiliation, skin color, and other such irrelevant factors.

The rest just run out of facts and start calling people racists, liars, welfare cheats, deniers, etc. with no proof whatsoever.

Mike \m/
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

...racists, liars, welfare cheats, deniers, etc....

Mikey, must it ALWAYS be about you?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Quote:
If you want to point fingers at the "people" who represent Christianity then you will never fall short of finding poor examples.

Since you are familiar with this stuff, my intent of that quote was:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+3%3A23&version=ESV
Does this in any way condone hatred, though admittedly hard to practice at all times?:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+13%3A34&version=ESV
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have party affiliation or blind ideology for the most part. Opinions, most certainly. When it comes to religion, I trust science and what it has taught us in the last 100 years about the universe. My church is out on the water watching the waves, sand and Sun. There is enough scientific facts in the last 30 years to blow ones mind. Not many facts in religion.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
frederick23 wrote:
nw30, I like our thoughts, a lot. Yet I have my concerns you back the right but support the left on this religious crap.

Frederick, I think you'll find that some of us actually choose sides on and debate each issue independently, based on facts, opinions, and realities instead of blind ideology, party affiliation, skin color, and other such irrelevant factors.

The rest just run out of facts and start calling people racists, liars, welfare cheats, deniers, etc. with no proof whatsoever.

Mike \m/

Yep, and thank you.
I'm in a good mood, the Cali teams that were supposed to freeze in the tundra today, kicked some ass!
So while at it, I will disclose some other beliefs of mine, but I've done this before,,,,, eh,,,,, pot should be legal, across the board, same laws as alcohol. Women should have easy access to birth control, and abortions under certain circumstances should be allowed, and let the hookers free!
Seriously, prostitution, the oldest profession in history, should be legal, and regulated. Nothing but positives on the end of it, the med research that you could get if written into the law, could be priceless!
Kind of kidding on that last part, but really.
There is other "liberal'ish stuff, that I agree with, but that's enough for now.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--I won't argue that there isn't lots of good stuff in the bible. I won't argue that people do vile things because they are Christian. I will say that many people claim to be Christian, and say and do vile things that are the opposite of what Christ preached. Some of them then look to the bible to justify what they have done or said. The Duck Dynasty guy, the hateful folks from Westboro--who have been here in Berkeley. One of the others that makes my list is Ralph Reed, see http://billmoyers.com/segment/ralph-reed-from-purgatory-to-power/

The efforts by folks like Reed to get involved in politics, and use funding and personnel from the churches in violation of the First Amendment is another matter.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
When it comes to religion, I trust science and what it has taught us in the last 100 years about the universe. My church is out on the water watching the waves, sand and Sun. There is enough scientific facts in the last 30 years to blow ones mind. Not many facts in religion.

I agree with your last thought, but how does the rest explain the large number of doctors, engineers, scientists, etc. who believe? They, more than preachers, keep me from atheism.

OTOH, even if I were an atheist, it wouldn't have much, if any, impact on my life. I'd still live by the same morals and let others worship whatever they wish, as long as they don't try to make me join in. I couldn't care less if someone puts up or wears symbols of his religion.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not atheist or anything really, and not a great windsurfer. Just fascinated in the universe and why questions. Faith is different. I have faith and beliefs, just not in religious form. Scientists, Doctors, friends of mine can believe and I respect them heavily. Respecting others is cool as long as they don't get in your face. Then I leave. Like when my Aunt gets all weird about evangelical stuff. She turns into the devil. Then I leave. Hopefully politely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: