myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Evolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the insight Scott.

To suggest that genetic 'engineering' of our human race, to counteract the weakening effect of our medical interventions, may become necessary to secure our robust survival at some point in the future is indeed not P.C. But the issue may eventually be forced upon us.

On a related issue of long term survival of highly advanced civilisations, it is often suggested that they sow the seeds of their own destruction. (i.e. They cannot maintain or control themselves beyond a certain level of scientific advancement.)

I have heard this used as an explanation of why we are unable to detect any evidence of 'E.T.' in a universe which should be brimming with such. Does make one wonder!
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwerden wrote:

What has this to do with the thread topic of evolution?

It might illuminate how some people post beyond their levels of intelligent evolution.

To wit:

"It has been proven in experiments that sub-atomic particles change their behavior when being viewed by a human being in real time than if they were just recorded by a machine and viewed later."

So do kids... according to Heisenberg.

"Some say that this supports the theory that..."

Ah, the famous Roger Ailes (of Fox) dodge, "some say," as a mechanism to lend credence to what any sane, rational person would consider laughable horseshit.

"Saying that 'God' and science cannot work together is just plain short sighted."

We know what science is; it has a defined methodology, structure, and approach. The rest is up in the air.

So to speak.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my morning paper -

"Hubble sees galaxies from 13.2B years ago" with an image of galaxies in the Abell 2744 cluster and blue galaxies behind it.

Looks like a thousand buzzing bees in flight.

Kind of lends some perspective on how infinitesimally small earth and mankind is in the scope of the universe.

Evolution takes time, and there is no doubt that there has been plenty of it since it all began.

Last edited by techno900 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--you show yourself to be a fool--as well as a plagiarizer--when you post something without attribution. Your source, easy to find, is http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070103050632AA2Wcuz

Your point? More obscure than usual.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your hate Mac!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!! The things we read in the papers.

Was glancing through an article on why peole crave, and are unable to stop smoking? (Always thought stupidity, and lack of self control.) Apparently, it's all down to Neanderthal man of 50,000 years ago scientists (Harvard University research) now believe. (No, I don't really get it either.)

Far from them dying out and/or being bludgeoned to extinction by our peace loving, but dominant ancestors, they very extensively inter-bred (more so than previously realised) in the temperate regions, with our ancestors 'coming out of' Africa.

Of 1,000 people tested, their 50,000 year old genetic code (as found in said remains and in us as part of their and our DNA), supposedly makes us susceptible to habitual substance abuse! (Tobacco, alcohol, drugs presumably.)

So,I conclude, Neanderthal man didn't just 'fizzle' out and disappear, but genetically morphed through inter-breeding, and we have them to blame/thank for our problems. Their relations are alive (but not necessarily well) today!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds likes great excuse. You think you should act on your inbred primal habitual sexual urges? Your wife should be understanding based on science alone, right? Pass that one by your wife and get back to us. Laughing
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a dominant brow ridge and canted forehead leads to alcoholism.
Looks like I'm safe, guess I'll go get a drink.

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Ha!! The things we read in the papers.

Was glancing through an article on why peole crave, and are unable to stop smoking? (Always thought stupidity, and lack of self control.) Apparently, it's all down to Neanderthal man of 50,000 years ago scientists (Harvard University research) now believe. (No, I don't really get it either.)

Far from them dying out and/or being bludgeoned to extinction by our peace loving, but dominant ancestors, they very extensively inter-bred (more so than previously realised) in the temperate regions, with our ancestors 'coming out of' Africa.

Of 1,000 people tested, their 50,000 year old genetic code (as found in said remains and in us as part of their and our DNA), supposedly makes us susceptible to habitual substance abuse! (Tobacco, alcohol, drugs presumably.)

So,I conclude, Neanderthal man didn't just 'fizzle' out and disappear, but genetically morphed through inter-breeding, and we have them to blame/thank for our problems. Their relations are alive (but not necessarily well) today!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite so RR. Science explains why I frequently get the urge to bonk mini-skirted women over the head with my mast extension, and drag them back to my lair - morality explains why I resist. (Along with other factors, of course! Crying or Very sad )

I can thank Ug major, one of my Neanderthal ancestors, for my sinus nuisance, and my addictive nature Craig - which I channel into productive windsurfing, surfing, kayaking, cycling, and dreaming of a certain lady film-star, so who's grumbling! Wink
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess when they believe they've found the genetic code to support immoral conduct the party begins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: