myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsport, late fall2013 issue ISOBARS glorified
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I thought it was fair because I sent it to him, and did so based upon the reasons I gave in my post.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I don't know if there is an understanding here or not. I figured he did not read it based on his comments just as you did, therefore, I scanned the article and sent it to him in a private message. I did so, because according to Isobars, Windsport did not honour their agreement with him, and because he stated he did not find it on the news stand. I wanted him to have the option of addressing the article and not just what people put forth from the article. I think that was fair, right?

So this is the post and what are the reasons ?

Windsport did not honor.. honor what ?

He didnt read it because .. Windpsort chose not to send it, maybe because its not an interview or .. whatever ? he has no sub, and cant be bothered to get a copy, like at the local WINDSURF Store ?

You wanted him to have an opinion what someone else wrote about him ?

I dont care if you sent it to him or the Queen of England, I dont care if its fair or not.
What I care about is the Windsport did not honor an agreement phrase

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was in similar thread under politics section:
isobars wrote:
I haven’t seen the published interview. Mitch didn’t honor his repeated promise to let me review and approve it before publication, ignored my statement discouraging publication without my review as per our agreement, and didn't respond to my request to send me a copy of the published article. I haven't seen anything beyond his draft, which was generally favorable to me and pegged the attack dogs as such. He said the threads they PM’d him as proof of my behavior only reinforced his conclusion that “they have unquestionably been giant assholes to [isobars]”. He admitted to me that, as a tactic, the article contained several untrue accusations of me to prevent accusations that he was biased (What bias? We’ve never met). The magazine website provides no means of contact.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was not aware of that post,I dont read that section.

The article in Windsport is not an interview, it is the authors opinion of the forum posters, which include Isobars, why they post they way they do
that page no longer exists in my mag

if an agreement does exist for an interview , well its not an interview now

the entire quote is pure Isobar.. giant assholes .. attack dogs..untrue accusations

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I don't know if there is an understanding here or not. I figured he did not read it based on his comments just as you did, therefore, I scanned the article and sent it to him in a private message.

Thanks for the effort, but check your inbox. The article was not with your PM, and the magazine very unprofessionally ignored my request for a copy of the article.
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:

So this is the post and what are the reasons ?

Windsport did not honor.. honor what ?

He didnt read it because .. Windpsort chose not to send it, maybe because its not an interview or .. whatever ? he has no sub, and cant be bothered to get a copy, like at the local WINDSURF Store ?

Not to come to Iso's defense or anything, but "local Windsurf store"? You know he lives in the tri-cities area of Washington right? What is local about Hood River (where the "local" stores" are) to that area? That's probably 80 - 100 miles or so. Not really like walking across the street to the store to pick up a mag.

Personally I had difficulties trying to renew my subscription with Windsport and decided as much as I enjoyed the tutorial articles, not much else interested me, so I just quite trying to get it renewed. I don't consider having a magazine subscription to a windsurfing magazine a requirement of being an active windsurfer....
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the local windsurf shop is closed this time of year, would someone kindly PM me the article? As a Giant Asshole I'm not inclined to send a check for a subscription at this time.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite not having even seen the article, the Pseudomaniacal Purveyor of Philippic wrote:
The author, uninterested in the truth, questions the character of those who do. LOL.

It was clear from the start that the “interviewer” had no interest in writing anything remotely accurate or useful to the audience. Like all magazines Windsport needs new ideas, and I’m sure Pete thought that people would read an article about Iso. Unfortunately they’re going to read what this fool wrote, and it’s going to hurt Windsport because the readers either:

A: already have been exposed to Iso and realize how willfully wrong the article is, or
B: will come out of curiosity, and soon get the picture.

I’m sure all involved at Windsport know how full of crap it is. “iWindsurf clique” is an attempt to insulate the article in advance from the criticism they know they’ll receive. Their credibility takes a hit. That’s not good for windsurfing.

Un freaking believable, even for PP.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, Iso. I had several conversations with the author, who was up front with his point of view. It was clear to me that he had no sense of what you do or how you are perceived in the forum, nor was he interested in getting a sense. He had his angle and stuck to it (kind of like you with BFF).

"Pseudomaniacal Purveyor of Philippic "

Not bad. One of your best, actually.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeconicPuffin wrote:
He had his angle and stuck to it (kind of like you with BFF).

I've received several lengthy thanks from people who said BFF got them into the straps when all else had failed, and several experts here and on the beach say they employ it in exactly the scenario I most strongly recommend it.

The http://phrontistery.info/a.html site is a lot of fun.

That interview thread very quickly gave Mitch an accurate sense of the left's behavior here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: