myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The truly AWESOME scale of the UNIVERSE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand....L Ron Hubbard.

Who created them?
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Now I understand....L Ron Hubbard.

Who created them?

I'm inclined to side with GT on this... those 3-million-year-old aliens may have left us a message in a way they thought we'd understand.

They avoided furry bikinis because they knew we'd struggle with the whole "family values" conundrum of sexist garb. For that reason, they painted battling bison. The message? Eat meat.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been watching Prometheus haven't you. ;*)

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I'm very disappointed by these cave paintings Pueno. Not a single fur=lined bikini anywhere in sight!! (What was wrong with our ancestors? Crying or Very sad )

As for the argument that natural evolution of the human race was impossible without the direct hand of god (and nobody can prove otherwise) I counter with an equally bold assumption.

It was highly intelligent aliens who landed on earth 3 million years ago, and genetically modified one of the early primate species of the time to evolve into us, so that they could watch what would happen.

Let's see somebody disprove that! (It would also explain the lack of fur-lined bikinis in the cave paintings, since the aliens were probably just intelligent computers who didn't have sex. That's something we just developed without anything or anybodys help! Laughing Laughing Razz Razz )
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested in the topic, FOX television (not news), is airing a new television series. It's called Cosmos, narrated by my new mentor Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Just watched episode 1. DVR the series, you can't go wrong! Mesmerizing special effects and easy to understand. Sunday nights on FOX and National Geographic. We are small. Very Small.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you understand time compression then you will understand that numerous alien visits over millions of years can be explained by only one guy going back and forth from his home to Earth and his experiment in genetics.
for him the whole of human evolution may have passed in couple of years of his time.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a time machine I'd transport, all at once, half a dozen irate versions of myself back to a specific time and place, (school playground in 1951) for purposes of retribution.

After the introduction of all six fully grown versions of myself to my earlier (and no doubt astonished ) 13 year old, w'ed jointly proceed to 'clock the living daylights' out of the imbicilic school bully boy, who always picked on the younger ones. (A certain teacher wouldn't escape admonishment, either!)

But since my 13 year old self has no memory of any such deliverance (and would likely have dropped dead in astonishment at the sight of what he would become) I conclude that time travel to revisit the past is unlikely to be practical. (Though, there was a certain girl who once ....)
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosetta.

Launched 10 years ago.
1st Earth gravity assist 2005
Mars gravity assist February 2007
2nd Earth gravity assist November 2007
3rd Earth gravity assit November 2009
Not to mention 2 asteroid flybys.

So...After 4 billion miles of travel in August, it catches up to Rosetta. She is traveling at 85,000 MPH around the Sun. A mere 310 million miles from Earth. Try doing this with your rocket from grade school. Freaky pictures!

http://www.esa.int/spaceinimages/Missions/Rosetta

Any science deniers out there?
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how much climate change that comet will go through in such a short period of time. The little probe that has landed on her burns up in March even though it be plenty cold at the moment.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Interesting how much climate change that comet will go through in such a short period of time. The little probe that has landed on her burns up in March even though it be plenty cold at the moment.

It's so cold that the wax seal on the nitrogen valve didn't break.

It'd be nice if Philae had a little global warming to help...

...but she's not on the globe.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you, as a juror, convict a defender in a capital offense case based primarily on rock solid DNA evidence and statistics with no contradictory evidence supporting innocence?

Really? Even if you knew that scientific proof is one million to one billion times stronger that a god not only exists but designed the universe?

Check out
http://www.biznews.com/thought-leaders/2014/12/31/eric-metaxas-wsj-article-showing-how-science-now-supports-the-existence-of-god/ ,
which led to the most-read article in the history of the WSJ,
“Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God”.

Yes, I realize many websites dispute his thesis, but mostly by claiming that faith alone is proof.

Really?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: