myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Just some notes on television
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, I live in Cary and have sailed Windmill point, but it's 36 degrees today. On the other hand, it is blowing 20-30+. Way too cold for me. It's blowing 18-31 at RDU, but it's 30 degrees here. Nice to see it so warm at the coast.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. G,
I may shoot down with a buddy of mine come February or March if it looks like a couple solid days of NE and some decent temps. We scored in September with a stand out session at Izzy Beach. Andy (WindNC) joined in the fun and showed us how if was "really" done. Probably the best thing I did all last summer. We were going to go to the AWT event in upstate NY but when the wind forecast pooped out we shot down there instead. I'll drop you guys a line if we're heading down. It's always to put faces to screen handles.

J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pour hot water down my wetsuit on cold days. Feels great.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
I pour hot water down my wetsuit on cold days. Feels great.

Are you referring to the infamous Pee-Pee wetsuit warming system? The point breaks in Cali are so polluted because the stoned surfers use this system. Laughing
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLn63B92gaw&feature=youtu.be

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a pair, but cannot find a source. I've been trying to find or fabricate/modify palmless mittens since Pryde stopped making them many years ago. These solve several bugs, but even Ianovation's online shop doesn't list them. I don't care about the air tube system, but for marginal days with air and water temps in the upper 40s, these look great by themselves.

Heck, I might even add a wetsuit. Smile
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the guy an email. One of local guys here bought the suit and gave it rave reviews. From what I recall it came quickly by mail.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the guy an email. One of local guys here bought the suit and gave it rave reviews. From what I recall it came quickly by mail.
One of my sailing buds cut the palm out of the NPX gloves and left the single index fingers as is.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Shoot the guy an email. One of local guys here bought the suit and gave it rave reviews.

I don't mean HIS suit; I have suits up and out the yeng yeng. I meant I might wear A wetsuit with the gloves. Smile

If it's so danged cold I need a heat source for my hands, a) I want nothing to do with it and b) the winter wind quality around here is usually truly shi++y. Been there, done that, wised up. That's what dry land sports are for.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Isobars, some of us are very long time 'been there and done it' types, yet are still at it!

The concession to age (and/or staleness) I now make is to concentrate back onto surfing, on my old custom surf ski in freezing winter conditions, because;

a) The water is warmer than the air and you spend more time in/under it.

b) Custom made wet suits of 7mm thick are superb along with thick mitts, hoods, and double footwear. (3mm socks under 5mm boots.)

c) Surfing is more energetic (paddling) especially when always breaking back out, so I'm warmer after that first cold water splat and gobfull.

Superb day yesterday. Felt like I'd gone back 20 years, with tons of others out for banter and rivalry. What a difference to the winter windsurfing moaners, with all the keen boardies ripping it up.

Some of us will NEVER lose our fascination with surf, even though age does limit daring! (When I'm 90, I'll buy a jet-ski if I can't keep up the effort of paddling.

And last, but by no means least, politics is totally irrelevant with no need to listen to obsessives droning on! (Though I do prefer right hand breaks! Laughing Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: