myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Just some notes on television
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to buy some gold? Gold anyone? How about a reverse mortgage? Who wants to buy a reverse mortgage? Mortgage anyone? Gold anyone? Get your gold here. Who wants to buy some gold. Reverse mortgage anyone? Selling reverse mortgage here. Reverse mortgage? Anyone for some gold? Gold anyone? Who wants to buy some gold? Would anyone like a reverse mortgage?

Anyone want to buy some gold? Gold anyone? How about a reverse mortgage? Who wants to buy a reverse mortgage? Mortgage anyone? Gold anyone? Get your gold here. Who wants to buy some gold. Reverse mortgage anyone? Selling reverse mortgage here. Reverse mortgage? Anyone for some gold? Gold anyone? Who wants to buy some gold? Would anyone like a reverse mortgage?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ever went broke underestimating NW's gullibility. He thinks Ailes is a journalist. May 8 years of Hillary, following three more years of Obama, cause you to break out in hives. Laughing Laughing Laughing
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The study numbers may also suggest that there are a large number of liberals that don't watch any news shows.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--true that. I find TV news objectionably shallow, on either MSNBC or Faux.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
The study numbers may also suggest that there are a large number of liberals that don't watch any news shows.

You hit the nail on the head. I never watch cable news at night. The broader question is : why is there no liberal talk radio? , and why do liberals not watch much cable news?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, yes, I want to buy some gold.
Just not quite yet. It hasn't quite bottomed.
And if I need cash later in my life, I'd love a reverse mortgage; the bank's welcome to my house when I'm done with it.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all my news from watching the "Daily Show".
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self assured people are above the need for constant reinforcement like that of conservative talk radio or Fox. Why does MSNBC, Air america have virtually no listeners compared to the right stuff? They have advanced beyond the need for self pimping. The Rush/Hannity types are a dying breed and in a generation will be mostly gone. Todays kids are so smart compared to when we were their age. They see right through that stuff. Fox would be more dangerous if they moved to the center. “Please stay the same”.

I would look at a 15yr. gold graph before pulling that trigger. $331 in 2001, $1200 now? Some might call that a bubble.

My point is they have no advertisers at all except those preying on the elderly with reverse mortgage ads. Not to mention the low cost of advertising with them.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman, you raise noteworthy questions.

Why are liberals less likely to listen to talk radio or watch cable news? One has to ask whether all folks want to listen to dialog or have the TV on as a regular background element in their life. Speaking for myself, I'm not one who normally likes to listen to background noise while working or exercising, and that includes music too. The one exception is driving in a car, because I do enjoy listening to music while doing that.

All too often, I think that many folks don't appreciate the value of their own thoughts. Maybe it's that they're always thirsty for some form of entertainment. That kind of explains why so many folks are constantly riveted to their cellphones, seemingly living in another world.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Frederick. I think when something is true, you only need to hear it said once. If something a theory, or suspect, you need to hear it dozens of times , until it is engrained in your head as truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: