myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Just some notes on television
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
The study numbers may also suggest that there are a large number of liberals that don't watch any [I'll add "actual"] news shows.

I think this forum proves that hands down.

I wonder how many of them are aware that white-hat hacking professional David Kennedy analyzed the Obamacare website as far as he could without breaking the law, proved it wide open to even the most unsophisticated amateurs out there, and had seven other top security firms review his findings. Every one concurred, he says. He says its vulnerability now far exceeds that revealed in the congressional hearing in November in which four of those experts were asked whether the site was in any sense secure. They could not say, "No", "No", "No", and "No" fast enough. Each of the countless patches shotgunned at the site since then to get the site functional has worsened the problem, largely because security of our data is not a priority and is not being embedded in the architecture, as it must be. They say and prove that the site increasingly gives the clumsiest of amateurs complete access to not only anything we type into the Ocare site but serves as an open portal through which those amateurs can freely access our IRS and medical data. Yet the Teflon Teleprompter keeps telling us the site is safe and secure, and his administration has refused Kennedy's security firm's repeated public offers to analyze the site in depth and document its vulnerabilities, free of any charges.

How much time does BSNBC spend on those news?
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I agree with Frederick. I think when something is true, you only need to hear it said once. If something a theory, or suspect, you need to hear it dozens of times , until it is engrained in your head as truth.

Which is in direct conflict with Mark Twain's quote regarding the truth, which I believe is far more accurate~
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
I get all my news from watching the "Daily Show".

No kidding, unfortunately you're not the only one.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
I agree with Frederick. I think when something is true, you only need to hear it said once. If something a theory, or suspect, you need to hear it dozens of times , until it is engrained in your head as truth.

Which is in direct conflict with Mark Twain's quote regarding the truth, which I believe is far more accurate~
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

Its my only explanation why FNC viewers watch for 147 minutes a night....do you have a better one? Does grandpa turn the channel to Hannity, then fall asleep?
BTW- your Mark Twain quote explains why 20,000,000 people a day listen to Rush.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

And there you have the success of Fox.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nitwit30 wrote:

And there you have the success of Fox.

And NW's interpretation of Mr. Twain's quote, proves he is a proto-type of a Fox News viewer.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs--at least he got the quote right. We can, of course, enjoy the irony that he doesn't understand that Fox's philosophy of news follows directly--get there first with the lie; most people won't notice.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
I get all my news from watching the "Daily Show".

No kidding, unfortunately you're not the only one.

My attempt at a joke was apparently lost on you. I don't generally watch news on television. I read the on-line versions of news outlets including BBC, Al Jezzeera and CNN to name a few. How 'bout you? Where do you get your news? You are quick to dismiss the Daily Show. I wonder if you have ever seen it. John is an equal opportunity comedian. The left gets ridiculed too.

Just for your information, I have seen some of Fox "News".
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Why does MSNBC, Air america have virtually no listeners compared to the right stuff? They have advanced beyond the need for self pimping.

And there we see the classic example of trolling: posting things one cannot possibly believe (and clearly disproved by simple facts like audience size and ad revenues data) merely to stir the puddin'.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this place is just chocked full of FNC experts, and mostly from those who can't stand watching it, go figure, too funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: