myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2014 Lake Isabella Speed Week cancelled
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
Things are looking poor for a full season at Lopez too.

I've had some great times at Lopez, the exception being the time the lake level was about where it is now (56%). Never mind the obstructions, the wind becomes a swirly bitch. I wish you a month of rain.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
.....or go out on a moonless night with a nice quiet handsaw....

Just joking around, don't start screaming at me!

KILL A DEAD TREE IN A MAN MADE ARTIFICIAL LAKE STOCKED WITH NON-INDIGINOUS FISH? wtf Were you thinking? Laughing
Briangat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a few weeks the derby dicks will skewer a glitter boat into a tree, and hopefully knock it down. Then the jet ski mental-midgets will show up for summer to find their place in the forest in the lake. Is fish habitat (show me scientific proof of credibility) more important than people's safety, forest service?
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of just creating an area in front of the ghetto where you could safely sail back and forth. The trees to the north could stay. I keep thinking about someone getting slammed and impaled when the trees are an inch or two below the surface.

However, I work at a community college, and the beauracracy there is daunting and hard to navigate, there's no way I would try to penetrate the feds. At least not from 163 miles away.

spennie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of just creating an area in front of the ghetto where you could safely sail back and forth. The trees to the north could stay. I keep thinking about someone getting slammed and impaled when the trees are an inch or two below the surface.

However, I work at a community college, and the beauracracy there is daunting and hard to navigate, there's no way I would try to penetrate the feds. At least not from 163 miles away.

Briangat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best sailing at issy is downwind from ghetto 100 yards (ghetto trees from from Isabella town), cantina on west(even more trees), and Robinson cove on west (2trees).

Fish habitat and breeding trout are not dependent on 60 year old trees sticking out of the water. Fish hatchery's are square concrete pools where trout flourish, zero trees, just add pellet fish food, they school, grow and mature. When a person gets hurt at issy due to tree, a lawyer will come in and have a field day. Comments forest service? FS has the opportunity to mitigate simple safety hazards soon, while the levels are low, or fall back on the logic of fish habitat is more important than recreational safety. I am sure the KRV needs to think this through because it is a long term issue that will effect their bottom line considering their dependence on tourism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: