myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
DC Windsurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: DC Windsurfing Reply with quote

Did anyone go out in DC yesterday (Sat, 5/6/14)? If so, how cold was the water? Looked like Mason Neck had 20mph but with +/- 10 gusts/lulls. I was on the fence, with Potomac water temps reading about 51 degrees. In the end I decided instead to glide on frozen water with a stick & shoot session at Kettler.
gary.home

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Annapolis area but may try my season opener at dewey beach on Monday - see if any gear is wanting to break Twisted Evil
Sunliner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water off Cedar Point is 57 today. Got out there at 5 this afternoon. Nice warm SE 6.5 day.
gary.home

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice - I hope you don't mind me adding on thread. I sailed Tower rd at Dewey yesterday. The wind was up/down/up from about 4.2 - 5.2. There were 4 WS, 2 KS but the KS'rs were there at different times. Couple more WS and more KS's at New Rd.

The first KS'r got dragged thru the parking lot a little. It didn't look good but he wound up with only a little road rash from what I could tell.

I seemed to mostly always have the wrong sail Sad but hit it right with 5.2 for a couple minutes. I'd estimate WT in the shallows to be about 60*F = comfortable with bare feet. Maybe a cooler in deeper waters. The ocean is about 45 now I think.

Looking forward to Mayo wind now. Heard there was a decent crew out there yesterday.

Dewey.fb.2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1016.9 KB
 Viewed:  10886 Time(s)

Dewey.fb.2.jpg

justall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear folks getting out. I've just got to get a Mayo pass this year ... sounds like the place to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: