myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
AWT Waddell Contest --Volunteers needed! Coming soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benpfree1

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: AWT Waddell Contest --Volunteers needed! Coming soon! Reply with quote

Hi all,
The American Windsurfing Tour is kicking off at Waddell Creek again this year and is coming soon! The contest period is June 5th to June 8th (Thursday to Sunday). This will be a great event and I know a lot of people will be in town from Hawaii, Southern California, Oregon and other areas for the contest.
Once again this year I am helping the main contest organizer, Sam Bittner, organizing volunteers for the event. There are a few ways that you can volunteer that would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the general schedule of events:
• The contest will be held Thursday-Sunday June 5th-8th: Condition dependent.

• The registration/check in will be held June 4th, Wednesday evening from 5-7pm at Davenport Surf/Sail. Dinner and beer will be provided for registered competitors. Guests can buy dinner and beer for $15, $10 for kids 10 and under. Dinner provided by Dwight Bode's Elk and Antelope burgers. There will also be veggie burgers.

• The awards ceremony and dinner will be Saturday, June 7th: Danenport SurfandSail at 7:30pm. Dinner and beer will be provided for registered competitors. Guests can buy dinner and beer for $15, $10 for kids 10 and under.

The volunteer opportunities are as follows:
• We need 3 or 4 people to help set up the sponsor flags. This will occur on June 4th (Wednesday) at 1pm.

• We need 3 or 4 people (would be great to have women) to sell shirts/merchandise and to tabulate judges scores. We need one or two to help with this during the registration event, and 3 or 4 throughout during the contest itself.

• 3 or 4 people to break down/take down the sponsor flags on Sunday the 8th. Time depends on ending time of contest. Condition dependent.

If you can volunteer to help with any one or more of these activities, please email me at Benjaminpink@gmail.com. I’ll keep track of what is still needed as time goes on and post updates. Any questions please email me directly.

We hope to see as many people as possible turn out for the event as possible, whether you are there to compete, to watch, to volunteer, or a combination of these. Looking forward to seeing you and thanks for your help!

Ben
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait. Praying for big wind and surf.
xander.arch

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, support the tribe (and all that Sam and the crew are doing) and volunteer to help, buy a shirt, or even register to compete. Its really not about how well you do in the competition. It's just a super cool feeling just to be part of the show. Hell, I'll be lucky if I get through a heat.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

I have had two people (thank you) come forward to volunteer...but I really could use a few more. Please see my original post and if you can help with any of these dates, please contact me. thank you
Ben
mikecole

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for your efforts! I'll be available to help with break-down.

Trying to will a big south and wind!

Mike
benpfree1

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mike! I have you on the list.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,

Please put me down for 06/05. I'm taking the day off to help and visit my daughter that lives in SC. Thanks!

Bill 510-213-0451
billhilow@gmail.com
benpfree1

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill! I've got you on the list.

Right now I have two people for 6/4 flag set up. We could use a couple more.

We could use a few more people to help with selling merchandise and tabulating scores during the contest, especially on Friday and Saturday.

Let me know if you can help! email benjaminpink@gmail.com

thanks
Ben
gronquist

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a windsurfing MoFo, and also Mike Cole's transport, so I'll be there bright and early too, I guess Smile
benpfree1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Tem.

Last call for volunteers! Please email me if you can assist for any of the jobs I listed in the first post. Thank you all that have volunteered!

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: