myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
June 3 also went off at Arlington, BTW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhanson928

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: June 3 also went off at Arlington, BTW Reply with quote

A classic day with everyone busy elsewhere, it seems...There were just a couple of kites and a couple of windsurfers sharing 1.5 mast high swells. 3.7 seemed the size of the day. The swells were smooth other than right off the marina entrance and they looked a bit wider spaced than the vids of the Hatch that day. No pics so it probably didn't happen... Rolling Eyes
westender

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a memorable day in many places. Cool
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem the only place that gets all the attention on the big days is "Kodak Point". Fact is, the wind quality wasn't all that good at the Hatch on June 3rd, although the swell was huge.

Yesterday the wind produced awesome quality shore-to-shore 3.7 conditions at Home Valley early in the day with terrific swell on the Oregon side. I got pleasantly over powered on a 4.2 with some sweet airtime, but I can assure you that there is not a single pic to post on this forum so it never happened Wink
evergreenhighway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blowing steadily 30 or above for five hours will create big conditions. I really don't think any of the Big Tuesday Sailors cared much what the wind was doing other than the direct effect on the water conditions. It was all about the giant swell. It's the 120% of normal HUGE that made it so remarkable. It was just a different scale than we're really used to.

Not to imply that it's the only huge day, but i was just a different scale than we're really used to. For many years these conditions seem to exist for short time periods during different big days. Tuesday, there was almost no time when I was out that it wasn't unbelievably gigantic all over on every reach.

If you were out there's no question why it's getting so much attention. Find a picture of an 8' whitecap, that should answer any question about the fascination about big tuesday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: