myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Iraq 2.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nitwit30 wrote:
As predicted my moi, "mission creep" seem to be the order of the day.
BHO is sending in 200 more of our troops.
No surprise here.

So, let's see if we can understand your thoughtful analysis.

Obama was a bum because he wouldn't send in troops.

Now, Obama is a bum because he's sending in troops.

Did I get that right?

Nope, but there is no surprise there as well.
I've never said how I feel about this, other than what BHO says, will not end being up what he means.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

I've never said how I feel about this, other than what BHO says, will not end being up what he means.

You've certainly made your feelings about your President very clear.

What part about "bum" did I misunderstand?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
Quick history reminder.
We were in danger from terrorism.
Hussein was in no way involved and we knew it.
Cheney made a lot of money making speeches demanding we attack Iraq during the ten years BEFORE 911.
His first speech upon election was Attack Iraq.
Personal obsession made it OK for him to lie to us.
Info obtained after we took over showed him in collapse from the sanctions and no risk to us.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nitwit30 wrote:

You've certainly made your feelings about your President very clear.

What part about "bum" did I misunderstand?

Classic, trying to change the subject again I see, no surprise there as well.
I've never called him a bum.
Go bark up a different tree, nwodeno.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:

You're right. You never used that specific word -- which is why I put it in quotes.

But you did say: "..."mission creep" seem to be the order of the day.
No surprise here."

So, you dissed Obama -- once again -- which is the same as calling him a bum.

Gosh, how you change the subject!!

But.................... no surprise there. Laughing Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--asked and answered. Bush should have taken his time to be sure that the evidence about WMD was solid--particularly after the story on yellow cake uranium came out.

Quote:
Published on Sunday, July 6, 2003 by the New York Times
What I Didn't Find in Africa
by Joseph C. Wilson 4th

Did the Bush administration manipulate intelligence about Saddam Hussein's weapons programs to justify an invasion of Iraq?

Based on my experience with the administration in the months leading up to the war, I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat.

For 23 years, from 1976 to 1998, I was a career foreign service officer and ambassador. In 1990, as charg� d'affaires in Baghdad, I was the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein. (I was also a forceful advocate for his removal from Kuwait.) After Iraq, I was President George H. W. Bush's ambassador to Gabon and S�o Tom� and Pr�ncipe; under President Bill Clinton, I helped direct Africa policy for the National Security Council.

It was my experience in Africa that led me to play a small role in the effort to verify information about Africa's suspected link to Iraq's nonconventional weapons programs. Those news stories about that unnamed former envoy who went to Niger? That's me.

In February 2002, I was informed by officials at the Central Intelligence Agency that Vice President Dick Cheney's office had questions about a particular intelligence report. While I never saw the report, I was told that it referred to a memorandum of agreement that documented the sale of uranium yellowcake � a form of lightly processed ore � by Niger to Iraq in the late 1990's. The agency officials asked if I would travel to Niger to check out the story so they could provide a response to the vice president's office.

After consulting with the State Department's African Affairs Bureau (and through it with Barbro Owens-Kirkpatrick, the United States ambassador to Niger), I agreed to make the trip. The mission I undertook was discreet but by no means secret. While the C.I.A. paid my expenses (my time was offered pro bono), I made it abundantly clear to everyone I met that I was acting on behalf of the United States government.

In late February 2002, I arrived in Niger's capital, Niamey, where I had been a diplomat in the mid-70's and visited as a National Security Council official in the late 90's. The city was much as I remembered it. Seasonal winds had clogged the air with dust and sand. Through the haze, I could see camel caravans crossing the Niger River (over the John F. Kennedy bridge), the setting sun behind them. Most people had wrapped scarves around their faces to protect against the grit, leaving only their eyes visible.

The next morning, I met with Ambassador Owens-Kirkpatrick at the embassy. For reasons that are understandable, the embassy staff has always kept a close eye on Niger's uranium business. I was not surprised, then, when the ambassador told me that she knew about the allegations of uranium sales to Iraq � and that she felt she had already debunked them in her reports to Washington. Nevertheless, she and I agreed that my time would be best spent interviewing people who had been in government when the deal supposedly took place, which was before her arrival.

I spent the next eight days drinking sweet mint tea and meeting with dozens of people: current government officials, former government officials, people associated with the country's uranium business. It did not take long to conclude that it was highly doubtful that any such transaction had ever taken place.

Given the structure of the consortiums that operated the mines, it would be exceedingly difficult for Niger to transfer uranium to Iraq. Niger's uranium business consists of two mines, Somair and Cominak, which are run by French, Spanish, Japanese, German and Nigerian interests. If the government wanted to remove uranium from a mine, it would have to notify the consortium, which in turn is strictly monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Moreover, because the two mines are closely regulated, quasi-governmental entities, selling uranium would require the approval of the minister of mines, the prime minister and probably the president. In short, there's simply too much oversight over too small an industry for a sale to have transpired.

Then there is the UN inspectors report, reported in that tattle tale liberal outfit, USA Today thusly:

Quote:
U.N.: Iraq had no WMD after 1994
By Bill Nichols, USA TODAY
UNITED NATIONS — A report from U.N. weapons inspectors to be released today says they now believe there were no weapons of mass destruction of any significance in Iraq after 1994, according to two U.N. diplomats who have seen the document.
The historical review of inspections in Iraq is the first outside study to confirm the recent conclusion by David Kay, the former U.S. chief inspector, that Iraq had no banned weapons before last year's U.S-led invasion. It also goes further than prewar U.N. reports, which said no weapons had been found but noted that Iraq had not fully accounted for weapons it was known to have had at the end of the Gulf War in 1991.

The report, to be outlined to the U.N. Security Council as early as Friday, is based on information gathered over more than seven years of U.N. inspections in Iraq before the 2003 war, plus postwar findings discussed publicly by Kay.

The Bushies had the time to get it right--they lied to get it wrong. Cheney should be in jail, and the right should be ashamed of defending him.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
nitwit30 wrote:

You're right. You never used that specific word -- which is why I put it in quotes.

But you did say: "..."mission creep" seem to be the order of the day.
No surprise here."

So, you dissed Obama -- once again -- which is the same as calling him a bum.

Gosh, how you change the subject!!

But.................... no surprise there. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay nwodeno, I know you love to get into tit for tat crap, you've probably got about 4 different forums going on at the same time on 4 different monitors, some people w/o lives are like that.
But I'll say one more thing to you about this, just for your pleasure,,,,,, I know, you get your pleasure were you can,,,,,,,,,, poor guy.

You call that a diss?!? Seriously?!?
Wow, are you overly sensitive!
Put a skirt on it.
Out
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prophet Imam obongo has been insulted, off with your head!
Be careful NW 30, you don't want a fatwa started against you. The last thing any of us is the IRS after us. Sad
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:
...I know you love to get into tit for tat crap, you've probably got about 4 different forums going on at the same time on 4 different monitors, some people w/o lives are like that.
But I'll say one more thing to you about this, just for your pleasure,,,,,, I know, you get your pleasure were you can,,,,,,,,,, poor guy....

Huh?

WTF are you talking about? Off your meds today?

beaglebuggy wrote:

The prophet Imam obongo has been insulted, off with your head!
Be careful NW 30, you don't want a fatwa started against you. The last thing any of us is the IRS after us.

Always a joy to to see the depth of the intellect from the right.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB whines about getting insulted--and then posts the racist slur "obongo". Well, you can find that all over the right wing web sites when they think they are just talking to themselves: http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=225057
http://www.truthistreason.net/haydens-headlines-hfcs-prop-37-fema-drill-and-the-tiny-house-movement
http://incogman.net/2013/01/pro-gun-activism-poster-obongo-stein/comment-page-1/
http://incogman.net/2014/01/hnic-obongos-state-of-the-bs-tonight/comment-page-3/

And then mrgybe will crow about how the hatred campaign is working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: