myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best way to sell gear quickly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlemmens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Best way to sell gear quickly? Reply with quote

So it's the off-season and really no one is looking to buy new gear, I'm building a house so don't want to store gear that I'm not going to use. The sails are model years ranging from 2009-2014, mostly wave, freestyle gaastra and Ezzy. I would post it on the classifieds but that's super slow and I wish there was a "make an offer" option. eBay is an option but shipping is a pain. So, any other ideas? I'm in the Bay Area.
Before responding please do the following:
Stay on topic
Time sensitive
Not giving gear away
Newer gear

Thanks in advance.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craigslist.

Coachg
Waterat Pat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me you can put just what you said in the iWindsurf ad. Motivated please email your best offer. Lowballers will be ignored.
Saying that price is everything. I just saw a brand new 2013 Maui Sails Mutant sell on Ebay for $268 shipping included. The price was right.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent some storage space 'til spring fever hits the market.
Some stuff is easy to pack and ship*; boards not so much.
* Refrigerator boxes, razor knife, tape, and a little packing material takes care of anything but boards ... which just need more of everything but cost a fortune for us peons to ship.

Tip: if shipping a sail, make its box cross-section trapezoidal rather than square for much improved stiffness.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So it's the off-season and really no one is looking to buy new gear"

You'd be surprised, me and most all of my windsurfing buddies buy almost all of our new gear during the off-season, it's called "clearance sales", but you have to be quick, things move fast. I just bought a brand new JP board for a bit more than 1K less than next years boards.

Used gear, privately sold, will be a bit tougher, but as mentioned before, CL or here, would be your best bets.
DAVIBO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: used gear Reply with quote

If you make a list of your gear, I have quite a few guys on my mailing list in Marin that might be interested, most sail Ezzys some sail the coast and would like wave gear....used gear has very little value and often is more hassle than it's worth to find a home for,as issues like determining condition, year, price & shipping all need to be addressed somehow unless you find a middle man..you might call Brian Marshall and see if he still provides that service as he used to have South Bay - LA connections and has sold stuff out of state as well.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to replace my 4.0 Ezzy. What are you selling?
rlemmens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iq 4.2 4.7 5.0 5.7 2011
2012 5.3 pure 5.4
2014 5.3 elite
2014 5.2 kS3
Twister 107 2011
Pocket 84 2008
Np x7 225-275 race boom

Reasonable offers accepted.
DAVIBO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: used gear for sale Reply with quote

It would help anybody looking @ the gear list if you could grade the condition A,B,C,D or Falling apart, etc. and just say the price point that you would be happy getting so the info is more buyer friendly and I bet you will get a better response
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: