myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Put children in jail or send them to be killed.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Put children in jail or send them to be killed. Reply with quote

We just shot the first child crossing the border. It wasn't one of my kids but it might have been.
Perry the Drunk is sending thousands of armed men to the border to shoot them.
Nearly all of these children are searching for Border Patrol to turn themselves in as soon as they cross.
The Security Crisis is an invention of the worst Governor Texas had ever had.
He thinks a violent confrontation with confused dehydrated unarmed 12 year olds will give him a shot at becoming the worst President in US history.
As usual Tea Party leader Bachman is leading the charge to kill a few kids who naively think children are safer in the US.

Why are they coming? Bush signed a bill with good intentions that lets children stay with family until their immigration case comes up in court. The kids are actually asking Border Patrol to get them a court date, which they call a permiso. Bush did this to empty the overflowing fed.jails of children who were taken from human traffickers.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why the all of a sudden influx, that we've been seeing just this year?
If the main reason is a law that Bush signed in 2008, what took it so long for the flood to begin?
Maybe it's because you forgot to include something in your post.

In the summer of 2012, President Obama announced that he would use executive power to grant provisional legal immigration status to the estimated 800,000 illegal aliens who entered the United States as minors. With this action, Obama unwittingly created powerful new incentives for illegal migration by people under the age of 18. And once a young person established some kind of legal residency in the United States, they might gain additional rights to sponsor family members they had left behind.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/an-immigration-crisis-we-brought-on-ourselves/374491/

Naa, that wouldn't have anything to do with it.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Naa, that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

You know, as I do, that 95.2% of the kids polled cited Obama's reported promise as the reason.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.enriquesjourney.com/about-sonia/bio-2/

Sonia Nazario has spent more than 20 years reporting and writing about social issues, most recently as a projects reporter for the Los Angeles Times. She has won numerous national journalism and book awards tacking some of this country’s most intractable problems: hunger, drug addiction, and immigration.

In 2003, her story of a Honduran boy’s struggle to find his mother in the U.S., entitled “Enrique’s Journey,” won more than a dozen awards, among them the Pulitzer Prize for feature writing, the George Polk Award for International Reporting, the Grand Prize of the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award, and the National Assn. of Hispanic Journalists Guillermo Martinez-Marquez Award for Overall Excellence.

Expanded into a book, Enrique’s Journey became a national bestseller, won three book awards, and became required reading for incoming freshman at 62 colleges and scores of high schools across the U.S.

2003!!!!!!!!!!!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Put children in jail or send them to be killed. Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
We just shot the first child crossing the border. It wasn't one of my kids but it might have been.

How many children do you have?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Put children in jail or send them to be killed. Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Perry the Drunk is sending thousands of armed men to the border to shoot them.........As usual Tea Party leader Bachman is leading the charge to kill a few kids who naively think children are safer in the US.

You just shake your head and thank God you weren't behind the barn door when the brains were handed out.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The response of the Republicans, from the Cruz clones, to the masked and armed militia, to the snark of mrgybe, is disgusting. Isobars and NW make it up, and mrgybe celebrates.

To go back to principles and values. Most Democrats don't want an open border, not even one as open as Saint Ronnie left it. The relatively open border of the last immigration bill was intended to 1) provide migrant workers, at lower prices, to work in California agriculture. Those workers soon moved to other states, and some of them had children who are citizens, and some of them stayed. The second purpose of the relatively open border was to depress labor prices and reduce the clout of labor unions, particularly the agricultural unions. No wonder Chavez opposed them. Successive Republican administrations looked the other way while businesses--hotels, packing houses, etc., hired undocumented immigrants. They replaced African Americans in service jobs in many (most?) cities.

It is impractical to identify and remove from this country the 12 million who are here without immigration papers. It is difficult, and perhaps impossible, to completely lock up the border. But there can be a legitimate debate about how much you spend.

Instead the Republicans have indulged in hateful language, and behavior, about Hispanics, children, and Obama--not necessarily in that order--without rolling up their sleeves and working on a real piece of legislation. They have allowed bigots in the party to dominate the discussion, and have encouraged rather than disowned them. And they are not ashamed. But I am.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to admit Gybe is an arrogant pr$;ck in most of his posts.
I thought for a while he would keep his mouth off me , but when he had nothing worthwhile to say he just fired off a reminder of how much smarter he is.
And how little informed.

Hey jibe my buddy lets chat just a little. I am glad you were so eager to talk things over. I don't get much chance to talk with a person with your brains and upper class manners.
How does a genius like yourself feel about the National Guard showing up fully armed to combat this huge threat?
Got nothing?
Well then explain about brains and barn doors. That was impressive. You think that up yourself?

Last edited by keycocker on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said nothing at all about the why of this NW.
That is not the point of my post.
Did you get the point at all or is attacking Obama really the only thing about these children who matter?
It is the only thing that matters to the GOP.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
You got to admit Gybe is an arrogant pr$;ck in most of his posts.

Not sure I'd be so complimentary.

keycocker wrote:
Did you get the point at all or is attacking Obama really the only thing about these children who matter?
It is the only thing that matters to the GOP.

Agreed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: