myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
seat harness
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenthomasphoto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: seat harness Reply with quote

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. I sail flatwater only, and currently use a waist harness. Thinking about switching to a seat harness. What seat harnesses do you think are the most comfortable. Thanks, take care, Len
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEARCH on key words such as waist seat harness. You'll find a treasure chest of discussion and insight.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: seat harness Reply with quote

Dakine XT-seat, sweet, sweet, sweet!

-Craig

lenthomasphoto wrote:
Hello, hope everyone is doing well. I sail flatwater only, and currently use a waist harness. Thinking about switching to a seat harness. What seat harnesses do you think are the most comfortable. Thanks, take care, Len
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the XT seat but to be honest, we are all built different so you would be much better off trying different seat harness's at a shop.

Coachg
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus ... recent XT Seats have gotten HUGE and STIFF... but that's been discussed. I swore by them for many years, but no mas.
spennie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently using a fairly new XT Seat & love it.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put legs on my latest XT Seat and put it in the den in front of the TV. Not quite as cushy as my Lazy Boy but much cheaper, easier to move around, and a little bit lighter. It would fit quite well in the Beach Chair thread. Very Happy
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: seat harness Reply with quote

lenthomasphoto wrote:

lenthomasphoto, if you are simply sailing back and forth moderately powered up on no-cam freeride gear, finding the best seat harness for you is one of comfort based on fit and a moderate hook height.

If your sailing gear is more carbon and expensive (read, closer to race) then the selection becomes a bit more tough because the forces through the harness likely are greater, making fit and construction the primary concern.

Case in point, I have a Gun Sails harness -unsure of the model- but suffice to say it represents the high-back, comfort version, like the XT Seat. I've used the Gun on racing gear, both slalom and course, but it just doesn't offer as much direct connection as my DaKine Slalom Seat which is a low-hook, minimalist design. The DaKine uses very, very little padding yet is very comfortable. However, it's low hook means I'm locked in to the harness lines very securely no matter what. The Gun harness uses a higher hook height and consequently puts less pressure on the lines unless I truly sit down hard.

What sort of gear and style are you sailing?

dllee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all seat harnesses.
Current is RaceLite from DaKine, but the sizing runs small.
This year, used Ziener's, Airwave, MauiMagic, and all worked well.
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a few at the local shop before buying. They were all similar, with the one I bought slightly more comfortable for me. I think it's a matter of sailing style. If you're not too sure, buy a middle of the road one.

For comfort, it's probably like shoes, some might fit your body better. But unlike shoes, harness come with more adjustments so I guess I could be happy with most of them too.

Mine is a Pro-Limit Freemove. I like the fact that the hookbar can be released even under tension.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: