myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hillary's running mate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Hillary's running mate Reply with quote

One of the smartest people I know asked me this question over lunch on Friday. Who will Hillary choose as her running mate, and why?

I hadn't given it much thought, and the best names I could come up with over lunch were:

1. John Hickenlooper of Colorado, who helps with the west--where the Democrats really don't need all that much help;

2. Charlie Crist of Florida, if he wins big. He could help in the South, and his party change, abandoning the Republicans when they got too crazy, could help with independents.

3. Eric Schneiderman, who as New York Attorney General pushed the Obama administration and Holder to be much tougher on Wall Street in their settlements. Great stance, but I'm not sure it helps enough with independents.

4. Julian or Joaquin Castro of Texas. Bright rising stars, and one will eventually be governor of Texas as the demographics continue to move towards more Hispanic voters. Probably not enough to deliver Texas now, or counter the backlash.

All right thoughtful folks. We can ignore the predictable rants from the right about Hillary--who do you think should be on this list?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Manson, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Buster Hyman, Ron Jeremy, and finally, Michael Jackson's Monkey. They would all help her appeal to her base.
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standup comedy isn't easy, Bard. Keep your day job.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are very predictable:

Quote:
We can ignore the predictable rants from the right about Hillary

I guess Bard didn't read that far. Starring in a Bard parody, Bard.

Yeah, I should have ignored it. But humor must often substitute for insight here.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being serious. All of those characters would not only vote for her, they would appeal to her base. You miss the deep intellectual thought that went into that list.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that bard admits to being serious is rather frightening!

He seems to know what others think, and how they would act!

Very strange!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dumbest thing I've heard of is Hillary, Hillary, it's all about Hillary. I've never heard anything so stupid. Out of 350 million people that's the best the D's can do?

At least I'm smart enough to admit Clinton, Bush and Obama have left this country in a mess. Can't we seriously come up with someone else? I wouldn't vote for a Bush, why would your only choice be Clinton? I assume her message won't be "change" will it? What will it be? More of the last 8 years, or more of the previous 16? How unimaginative.

This proves we have an oligarchy. JP Morgan and the others really rule over us.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from a guy that thinks that Ronald Reagan was a stellar leader and Commander in Chief. The real deal.

Clinton, and whoever else enters the 2016 race for president, will give us plenty to talk about over time. Why get so tense and anxious? It's so early in the game. Let's talk about your heroes for 2016, and discuss all the wonderful things they want to do. Given the fact that Republicans in Congress haven't been able to accomplish much for such a long time now, it will be interesting to hear your ideas about how they're going to turns things around and pull off successes.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, The republicans in congress are being paid not to trust this president. He should come up with something that half of D's and half of R's can agree on. This is the way Tip O'Neil and Reagan got things done.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Chandler, The republicans in congress are being paid not to trust this president. He should come up with something that half of D's and half of R's can agree on.

Mr. BS, the republicans in Congress are being paid to oppose everything this president proposes and clamor that he does just the opposite.

Always. On everything.

It has nothing to do with "trust."

If he says "up," they say "DOWN." If hes says "left," they say "RIGHT." If he says "red," they say "GREEN."

It's as simple as that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: