myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
SFB Speed King Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tramontana00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-10 times per year of 90% chance for predictable wind.
Sure, there is more wind than that, but when will it blow???
I go there about 20 times per year with 50-60% success rate. This year was particularly bad.
tramontana00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 San Francisco Bay Speed King Event is now officially over. Participants have seven days from session date to enter their data, so final results will be official on Saturday 11-01. Even with short time and light winds we had, event was great fun and 31 sessions were posted.

I am looking forward to input from everyone to make 2015 SFB Speed King Event even better. Any suggestions, positive criticism or new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For new speedsurfers and speedsailors interested in participating in 2015 event, this is a great place to ask questions or get help with gps setup, gpsspeedsurfing.com web site or speed tips of any kind.

Boris
martijn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m flying into SFO on Saturday from the Netherlands and had in mind it might be nice to do some windsurfing in the Bay Area on Sunday.
Unfortunately to late for the speed event as I´m on the gps-speedsurfing myself: http://www.gps-speedsurfing.com/mygps.aspx?mnu=mysessions

Anyone any updates on the windforecast for Sunday, and spots?
And best place to rent any decent gear?
SpeedRoo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramontana00 wrote:
2014 San Francisco Bay Speed King Event is now officially over. Participants have seven days from session date to enter their data, so final results will be official on Saturday 11-01. Even with short time and light winds we had, event was great fun and 31 sessions were posted.

I am looking forward to input from everyone to make 2015 SFB Speed King Event even better. Any suggestions, positive criticism or new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For new speedsurfers and speedsailors interested in participating in 2015 event, this is a great place to ask questions or get help with gps setup, gpsspeedsurfing.com web site or speed tips of any kind.

Boris

Now you've all got warmed up it's time to get serious and go really fast. Enough of this speedo wearing cruising around stuff, if you're not doing 40 then you better go home!

ARooBar opened for the season today...and it's better than ever. Three different courses to sail and lots of wind. Spent a pleasant 2 hours cruising around checking them out this morning. Laid down a few 40 knot runs on each course to christen them for the season. Peak was 43.84 knots on course 2. Wind was 20-25 with a few bigger gusts.

Looks like a few windy days over the next few weeks so a great start to the "real" speed season. The San Fran speed Kings and Queens are welcome to visit. I'll even throw in a prize for the highest max speed this season...what colour would you like your speedos?

Roo
tramontana00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martijn wrote:
I´m flying into SFO on Saturday from the Netherlands and had in mind it might be nice to do some windsurfing in the Bay Area on Sunday.
Unfortunately to late for the speed event as I´m on the gps-speedsurfing myself: http://www.gps-speedsurfing.com/mygps.aspx?mnu=mysessions

Anyone any updates on the windforecast for Sunday, and spots?
And best place to rent any decent gear?

Nothing good for Sunday, maybe enough for formula gear at Crissy.
SpeedRoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up for the San Francisco Kings and Queens of Speed. Weekend of November 15/16 shaping up a perfect for breaking your 40 knot cherry at ARooBar. Tides are ideal with a 4 hour window each day from noon to dusk. Winds predicted to be from the south/southwest and look to be in the 30 knot range. Start packing your gear and plan on some high speed thrills that will make you want to don a pair of speedos!

Roo
LoveSplittingLanes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Gorge Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... Sounds like fun!

Will PM you Paypal. Thanksgiving weekend might be able to do the drive up for a day or two... Need to keep an eye on the forecast/ logisitics....
purplegopher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to getting back up there. Will gladly split gas with anyone headed up for the next weather system.
tramontana00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in if wind, tide, temperature, moon and stars ever line up. I know Denis would like to go too. How many can you fit in your green surfbus and speedtrailer?
I think next tide opportunity is November 30, December 01.
SpeedRoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tide window opens up again around Nov 25 then gets better over that week. Once this Artic high gets out of the way the storms should start stacking up again. Will be good to have some more speed buddies to sail with, gets lonely with just me and the birds...they don't appreciate my speedos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: