myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rivernose cure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWinder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Rivernose cure Reply with quote

For those suffering from the river water allergy aka rivernose.

After trying many things and allergy medications (nose plugs, sinus flush, zyrtec, prescribed steroinds etc.) - I found that one simple thing has consistently much better effect on my allergy.

As soon as I return home I'm taking a good shower and washing all clothes that were in contact with the water.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Stomp wetsuit and Speedo in soapy water in bottom of tub.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My often severe and sometimes disabling lifelong hay fever, exacerbated by rivernose, quickly disappeared when I stopped eating wheat. Eat wheat, back it comes. Doctors and literature have confirmed the link.
combs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, ISO. Also Gluten can make you loose some body parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtmKU9xYF_Q
macesix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pour in 1/2 cup of full strength bleach into the tub and sit there for a time. Then I keep my eyes closed and lean back and submerse, letting the water drain up into my nose and sinuses. That makes me gack, so I come up sputtering. Do that twice. Rinse eyes off in the shower, and I'm done. Don't even need any soap. The river smell is gone, but I can't get no lovin' cause my woman says I stink of bleach.
macesix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pour in 1/2 cup of full strength bleach into the tub and sit there for a time. Then I keep my eyes closed and lean back and submerse, letting the water drain up into my nose and sinuses. That makes me gack, so I come up sputtering. Do that twice. Rinse eyes off in the shower, and I'm done. Don't even need any soap. The river smell is gone, but I can't get no lovin' cause my woman says I stink of bleach.
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, Thx.!! Bleach has a Ph around 11, I believe. I'll use it 1/2 strength to get rid of poison oak, but immersion?! Running it up your nose? Yikes! You'd best run that by a doctor.
macesix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
Jesus, Thx.!! Bleach has a Ph around 11, I believe. I'll use it 1/2 strength to get rid of poison oak, but immersion?! Running it up your nose? Yikes! You'd best run that by a doctor.

Yeah, ph of 12. But the dilution in the tub is probably 1/500, so the ph is probably just deep of 7 or 8. Didn't realize you could use 1/2 for poison oak! Save me some money on Tecnu. I do wonder if the bleach could damage the smell nerves at the olfactory interface, or possibly cause long-term cancer like Jack Daniels can… Any doctors out there who can chime in?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Googled bleach when somebody mentioned soaking in it. It's a common treatment for babies at that same concentration.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper sinus wash does not include tap water and bleach. Distilled water, salt and baking soda mixed to the right combination is the answer. According to my allergist, tap water has been known to kill when people use it for sinus rinse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: