myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
EBOLA IN THE USA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I listened to this paranoid talk radio stuff all the time, I would probably be as crazy as Isobars and NW: http://www.nationalmemo.com/endorse-right-wing-ebola-playbook/

This is something like the 24th Ebola outbreak. You can actually get factual information about Ebola, and the role that government needs to play in Africa and the United States. For example: http://www.dw.de/how-uganda-stopped-previous-ebola-outbreaks/a-17869469 or https://web.stanford.edu/group/virus/filo/eboz.html

But the right wing loonies see the game changer here is Obama, and the fact that his father came from Africa. Of course they play this card, fully aware of the racial meta-messages. Blame everything, from Pandora's box on, on Obama. Not on the funding cuts that slowed progress towards a vaccine.

Some crazy people in this country.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about blaming the President. Statistically, I am 3X more likely to win the powerball than catch ebola. They blamed high gas prices on him and I just filled my tank at $2.95. It goes on and on. Anything bad to come across the wires is his fault within 24 hours on Fox. It's really kind of fun to watch.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistically you're more likely to get shot, but it's people with Ebola that kill people and not the Ebola virus. Where's the outrage there? Oh silly me, the constitution....
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Statistically you're more likely to get shot, but it's people with Ebola that kill people and not the Ebola virus. Where's the outrage there? Oh silly me, the constitution....

The NEA (National Ebola Association) has a very strong lobby, much like the NRA has.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:

The NEA (National Ebola Association) has a very strong lobby, much like the NRA has.

Ebola virus was just the psychological tipping point. There are dozens of other diseases which may kill hundreds of Americans because our borders are porous.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes those open borders do bring in some germs! Especially Canada. 5000 miles of germ people, free to come and go. Maine coast brings in quite a few with 4600 miles of coastline as well. Just row your boat in. Are oceans open borders? Maybe we should build a seawall off all coasts, and a great wall of Canada along the entire 5000 miles. Tourists could take pictures. Oh, I forgot about the Alaska border, Oregon coast, California and especially those pesky little mexican germs. They are the worst. But then again, why not just fly into JFK? I am sure we could defend everything with enough government agencies.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just station a special agent every 100 feet. Or spend 3 trillion on fences. Small government folks will love that. Bard has completely lost his mind.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Coo Coo for Coconuts!!!
mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many shootings yesterday? Cops, school kids, and I'm sure some dope dealers in Chicago. The NRA and the right wing must be so proud.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
Oh, I forgot about the Alaska border....

Oh, my goodness, what's-her-name can see Russia from her kitchen.

Be afraid, very afraid!

What to do, what to do?

Why hasn't Obama fixed that yet?

Why don't we have a Russian border czar to stop Russian Ebola?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: