myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stolen Gear Alert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
In the same post he will suggest taking legal action (not necessarily on this post) by using the law, then later in the same post talk about taking action that is against the law and criminal.

I thought that even EX-cops would be more honest: besides the Claymore mine jest, what illegal action did I mention? Even in other threads over the years the only illegal deterrent I remember suggesting for others was a blanket party, which others, including the sheriff mentioned below, often suggest.

johnl wrote:
Ya got to take one side of the fence.

I very strongly disagree. Law first, and if the threat remains, self-protection prevails if we're willing or forced to take other options. Not that I needed to be told that, but it was the advice I got when I filed a police report against a neighbor for throwing a rock at my wife. "Next time beat him up and THEN call us; that's what I'd have done. We can't be everywhere at once."

Panetta gets it. He kept his silence until it was clear that his ex-boss's policies are gravely endangering the nation, then outed him in the hopes of changing those policies while there's still time. Safety trumps a long list of misplaced fealties to such things as political party, tradition, personal loyalty, and, at some point, the law if one is willing or forced to exceed it.

Aren't you guys tired yet of trying yet again to hijack still another thread into still another isobash? Don’t your FOURTEEN off-topic, fabricated, dishonest, personal attack posts in just this thread alone clearly show who’s really crapping in the punchbowl by making everything both false and personal? Doesn't getting caught fabricating what I've said in the very same thread embarrass any of you at ALL ... especially a self-proclaimed lawyer and an ex-cop who was a frequent witness in court? Isn't yet another theft of a vehicle full of gear hard evidence that deterrence is still an important and highly relevant part of the picture? And isn't the lack of outcry against the others who suggested anti-theft measures proof that the issue isn't what is said but who says it? Johnl used to speak out against false ad hominem, but long ago joined the rest of you just as he has here.

DAMN but I wish I could also plonk whole threads. Until then I'll just have to settle for the old way (at least it lets me look into the cesspool occasionally when I choose, if only to check up on the moderators.)

Speaking of which: 43, 44.

Last edited by isobars on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panetta gets it. Yeah, how to sell a book. What a chump.

ps. what's 44?

swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody willing to break out the violin and play isobars a heart wrenching tune to show their pity for him? It's so tough to be a victim, especially when you're always a reserved mild mannered guy that never ever speaks ill of anyone.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
thought that even EX-cops would be more honest: besides the Claymore mine jest, what illegal action did I mention? Even in other threads over the years the only illegal deterrent I remember suggesting for others was a blanket party, which others, including the sheriff mentioned below, often suggest.

Really Honestly??? Try this... YOU wrote this...

Go to his vehicle. Look on top of his rear tire or inside his bumper. Open his car, eat his lunch, and strangle his dog. Shit on the driver's seat, put a cherry bomb in the shit, and light it. Send his car over the embankment onto the river bed. Then gather some fellow WSers and put him in the hospital when he comes ashore ... if he can come ashore at all despite the rain of big rocks pelting him every time he gets in range. He'll be an easy target whether climbing the stairs or the embankment beside them. Let him crawl to the nearest phone booth -- I think there's still one outside Powell's Book Store -- and call an ambulance. Meanwhile, phone his wife and mother and inform them that if his legs can be saved and he ever does anything like that again, they won't see him again.

At that point I'd call it equal and give him one more chance to step from the primordial ooze into the human race.

But no, you never post stuff like that.... But of course I'm sure you will say it was just humor. Well if you yelled that into a crowd, it would be inciting a riot, also against the law......

And ANY cop that told you to take physical action OTHER than making a citizens arrest (and using only that force NECESSARY to affect that) is full of crap and I would say that to his/her face. And quite frankly if he/she actually believes that, they shouldn't be in a position of legal authority. That is of course if that is what they ACTUALLY said vs. what you with your many biases heard....

And I spoke out about people ganging up on you for NO reason. That annoyed me. When you actually post a honest suggestion, without slaming anybody else's opinion, don't bring politics into it, or your "idea of justice", then you will notice that you won't get grief from me (or many others). BUT when you go and post crap giving people reasons to attack you, well then you are on your own.....
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:

ps. what's 44?

There goes JohnL, plonked number 44, no Johnl no more.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of a vehicle was it?
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
windoggie wrote:

ps. what's 44?

But then who was 43? I feel so bad..... BUT does this mean that everything I post will be ignored now by Iso? I have my doubts..... Rolling Eyes
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso's plonking powers have been proven to be total bullshit many times. Don't worry, he still sees you.
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
jpbassking wrote:
windoggie wrote:

ps. what's 44?

But then who was 43? I feel so bad..... BUT does this mean that everything I post will be ignored now by Iso? I have my doubts..... Rolling Eyes

I'm going to guess 43 is Rigatoni. The list is long and distinguished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: