myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WTB damaged Goya Guru 4.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thombiz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: WTB damaged Goya Guru 4.2 Reply with quote

Hi, I need to add a 4.2 sail to my quiver and I've decided it should be a Goya Guru. This sail will be used so seldom that I don't want to put much money into it, however, since I fix sails, I thought why not try to buy a damaged sail and spend the time to fix it. If you have a Guru that is damaged and you don't feel like messing with getting it fixed, then it may be exactly what I need. Let me know.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have the Goya, do have a 2011 NP Combat, write me if interested.

Gary Colorado

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
thombiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary, I have considered your offer of the NP Combat but feel the Goya Guru is really better suited to me and the conditions in which I would be using it. For me, a 4.2 sail is for winds from low 30's mph to mid 40's. In those conditions things get really crazy very quickly. I used to have a wonderful 4.2 Windwing which was great for handling the wind but the problem was it was way too damn fast. At 35 mph winds, I could grab a handful and almost instantly be doing 40+ mph, 40+ mph in wild and crazy seas. Now I'm looking for a much more controllable sail. The Windwing was a wonderful sail, just too "on or off". Now, I'm looking for a sail which has a soft feel and an easy and quick sheet out to depower. Of course, it has to be tough to handle the crazy conditions. At this point the Guru seems to be a fantastic choice as does the Hot Sails Maui Superfreak Maui Edition.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a Superfreak in that size.

in smaller than a 5.0m I dont feel their is a lot of power difference in the models,

so a Maui Edition say 4.7 and larger would offer some additional umph.

I have has the classic, the ME, still do and the UltraLight which in even larger sizes, above 6.0 is an option.

email me if you need any more HSM info

swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you need to do is find a person that turns over their quiver every year or two. I know a guy here in Santa Barbara that sails Goyas that does just that, and the prices are very reasonable (normally around $75-100 per sail. Not free by any means, but the sails are usually intact and reasonably care for. I'm not sure if he is selling his sails right now, but I could inquire if you are interested.
thombiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please do. I don't mind paying a fair price for a used sail, I just don't want to put a lot of money in a sail that may only sees 15 or 20 uses over it's lifespan. Thanks SW.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't underestimate the Neil Pryde Combat. Extremely durable and IMO the most forgiving sail on the market. Because the NP has such a wide range you don't need so many sails in your quiver as you used to. IOW's, they really handle the gusts well.
dhmark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the used sails on the HSM web site. There is a used Freak ME 4.2 and 4.7, solid colors. dhmark
thombiz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go on the HSM website daily and several times I almost sprung for the Superfreak Maui Edition 4.2 that was Jeff's. The luff sleeve material is a question and I don't know enough about it to know if I want it or not. I had one of the Superfreak prototypes of what became the Maui Edition which was, at the time, called FreakWave or was it WaveFreak? It was a 5.3. Marvelous sail. Phenomenal range 22 mph to 35 mph for me. I have owned a Superfreak ME 4.7 for 2 years, but there hasn't been enough wind to sail it, but I think it will be great. Since there hasn't been that much wind, I keep wandering why I want a 4.2?
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you have it for the day its 4.2 !

me I carried a 2.9 for 2 years, used once sold it for a 3.3 almost the same thing.

I did have a 3.2 Micro Freak that I used more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: