myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter "Fraud" or voter disenfranchisement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point by Vientomas. I think the tech firms are doing great damage to our society, and need to be regulated. My thoughts on this are essentially just an updated version of the reforms against monopolies that date back to the time of Teddy Roosevelt. Tech firms trick you into constant clicking, using techniques much similar to the addiction of tobacco. They sell your data, cook the results of searching, and wield an inordinate amount of influence.

Matty has no clue that on the single issue he is aware of—most likely as a result of a Trump tweet—the result issues directly from the over-reaching decision in Citizen’s United.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Research: Google Search Bias Flipped Seats for Democrats in Midterms

Even if what you claim is true, which I'm quite sure will be proven false, consider this:

1. The Supreme Court decreed that Corporations are people;
2. Corporations, like individuals, have a 1st Amendment right to free speech;
3. Google is a corporation;
4. Google has the right to choose the content of it's message - the search result.

If Google is indeed electing to manipulate political searches in support of its political agenda, that may be a poor business decision. But, is it protected speech? Is it a violation of a law or regulation?

If you think Google does not have the right to rank or exclude search results, are you suggesting that the Government should somehow become involved and force Google to give up its right to free speech? If so, under what authority? Why should the government have the authority to dictacte the speech of a corporation?

This is actually a very interesting subject. Perhaps you can find a simplistc meme to express your opinion on the issue.

For those intersted in a substantive discussion (not the 3 Stooges), have a read:

https://www.scribd.com/document/214981183/Zhang-et-al-v-Baidu-Com-Inc-et-al

Really asshole?? does the goverment control content on TV and radio???????????????????????? yes they do.

Google, twitter, facebook and others have a MILLION times more impact on society and is a completly new issue that absolutly needs to be looked at.

Your position is typical for liberal scum, if its not hurting liberalism and promoting a liberal agenda you're all good. If the situation was reversed you would be screaming from the roof tops.....

You are once again putting your ignorance on display for all to see Matty. You have absolutely no capacaity to comprehend realitively simple concepts, and when that becomes clear to you in the dark recesses of your "mind" you go into caveman mode and hurl insults.

You are conflating net neutraility (which Trump's FCC is rolling back), with search neutraility. If you read the link I posted and considered the questions I posed, maybe, just maybe, you would have had a glimmer of understanding. Probably not. Clearly, a discussion of this subject is beyond you. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. Wallow in your ignorance Matty, it suits you well.

My response was to MGs point that Google search bias flipped seats for dems in the midterms...SEARCH you fucking POS, that's what I was responding to. But you know that and would rather deflect from MGs point....

The major social media companies lean heavily left and it is absolutly proven they sensor conservatives voices.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Interesting point by Vientomas. I think the tech firms are doing great damage to our society, and need to be regulated. My thoughts on this are essentially just an updated version of the reforms against monopolies that date back to the time of Teddy Roosevelt. Tech firms trick you into constant clicking, using techniques much similar to the addiction of tobacco. They sell your data, cook the results of searching, and wield an inordinate amount of influence.

Matty has no clue that on the single issue he is aware of—most likely as a result of a Trump tweet—the result issues directly from the over-reaching decision in Citizen’s United.

English please....you were a teacher???
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
Research: Google Search Bias Flipped Seats for Democrats in Midterms

Even if what you claim is true, which I'm quite sure will be proven false, consider this:

1. The Supreme Court decreed that Corporations are people;
2. Corporations, like individuals, have a 1st Amendment right to free speech;
3. Google is a corporation;
4. Google has the right to choose the content of it's message - the search result.

If Google is indeed electing to manipulate political searches in support of its political agenda, that may be a poor business decision. But, is it protected speech? Is it a violation of a law or regulation?

If you think Google does not have the right to rank or exclude search results, are you suggesting that the Government should somehow become involved and force Google to give up its right to free speech? If so, under what authority? Why should the government have the authority to dictacte the speech of a corporation?

This is actually a very interesting subject. Perhaps you can find a simplistc meme to express your opinion on the issue.

For those intersted in a substantive discussion (not the 3 Stooges), have a read:

https://www.scribd.com/document/214981183/Zhang-et-al-v-Baidu-Com-Inc-et-al

Really asshole?? does the goverment control content on TV and radio???????????????????????? yes they do.

Google, twitter, facebook and others have a MILLION times more impact on society and is a completly new issue that absolutly needs to be looked at.

Your position is typical for liberal scum, if its not hurting liberalism and promoting a liberal agenda you're all good. If the situation was reversed you would be screaming from the roof tops.....

You are once again putting your ignorance on display for all to see Matty. You have absolutely no capacaity to comprehend realitively simple concepts, and when that becomes clear to you in the dark recesses of your "mind" you go into caveman mode and hurl insults.

You are conflating net neutraility (which Trump's FCC is rolling back), with search neutraility. If you read the link I posted and considered the questions I posed, maybe, just maybe, you would have had a glimmer of understanding. Probably not. Clearly, a discussion of this subject is beyond you. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. Wallow in your ignorance Matty, it suits you well.

My response was to MGs point that Google search bias flipped seats for dems in the midterms...SEARCH you fucking POS, that's what I was responding to. But you know that and would rather deflect from MGs point....

The major social media companies lean heavily left and it is absolutly proven they sensor conservatives voices.

Idiot they helped trump.... Cambridge analytical was owned and operated by Bannon and trust fund rich american Mercer family...

https://news.yahoo.com/facebook-fights-dismissal-d-c-201814814.html

Facebook Is Accused of Knowing Cambridge Mined Its User Data
Bloomberg

Andrew Harris and Daniel Stoller
,Bloomberg•March 22, 2019
Quote:
(Bloomberg) -- Facebook Inc. employees knew the Cambridge Analytica political-consulting firm had mined users’ personal data but didn’t tell those users before the news became public, an attorney for the District of Columbia said in court.

D.C. Assistant Deputy Attorney General Jimmy Rock made the claim while arguing against the social network’s bid to dismiss the district’s consumer protection lawsuit against it. The British consultancy used the data to target and influence voters on behalf of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential election campaign.

District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine sued Facebook in December, accusing it of allowing Cambridge University researcher Aleksandr Kogan to gain access to the personal information of some 70 million Americans, 340,000 of whom live in the capital. The company’s failure to safeguard that information allegedly violated D.C. consumer protection laws. The suit seeks a court order barring Facebook from continuing such practices, as well as unspecified monetary damages.

“Facebook believes that this case is not properly before this court,” defense attorney Joshua Lipshutz told D.C. Superior Court Judge Fern Saddler on Friday afternoon, adding that if she reread the complaint, she would “search in vain” for an allegation of company misconduct that would show the case belonged in her court.

vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

It's a fact of life that search engines contol search results. However, Matty still does not understand that the FTC and anti-trust laws do not pertain to search neutrailty and freedom of speech. I find it laughable that conservatives such as Matty and "Guru" advocate that big government should regulate private businesses and their speech despite the decsion in Citizen's United, which was widely lauded by conservatives by empowering corporations to exercise free speech. Can't have it both ways. If Matty and "Guru" want the government to control private business speech, I would love to have either one of them describe a proposed regulatory structure.

I've been patiently waiting for something from Matty and "Guru", other than regurgitated taking points from a professional spin meister. Here's a thought, maybe they might consider reading some source documents and making their own decisions. Naaawwww, insults be easier.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolls are like that everywhere. They only say a few things. 1). Government sucks and can’t do anything—except when there is a fascist in charge. 2). Anything proposed by a “liberal’ to solve a societal problem sucks. 3). I don’t have to suggest any solutions to a societal problem because I’m a troll.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Trolls are like that everywhere. They only say a few things. 1). Government sucks and can’t do anything—except when there is a fascist in charge. 2). Anything proposed by a “liberal’ to solve a societal problem sucks. 3). I don’t have to suggest any solutions to a societal problem because I’m a troll.

No we just have lives, and don't spend our days on forums barking at people. I can and have on many occasion proven my points with opinions, reports , studies and more from highly credible sources, you and you little half brother vietnam simply choose to NEVER accept anything that conflicts with your dug in far left positions....NEVER..

That's why neither one of you have the respect of anyone..
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more wind posted this on another thread

Quote:
Multiple nationwide studies have uncovered only a handful of incidents of non-citizens voting. Based on state prosecution records, votes by non-citizens account for between 0.0003 percent and 0.001 percent of all votes cast. Election officials agree that there is no serious problem of non-citizen voting in our elections. The National Association of Secretaries of State, whose Republican-majority membership includes the chief elections officers of 40 states, said they “are not aware of any evidence that supports the voter fraud claims made by President Trump.”

http://time.com/4669899/illegal-citizens-voting-trump/

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/legal-trouble-permeates-north-carolina-republican-party-1474777667785?cid=eml_mra_20190406

Legal trouble permeates North Carolina Republican Party
Quote:

Ali Velshi reviews the details of a bribery scandal within the North Carolina Republican Party that compounds other legal trouble for North Carolina Republicans from election fraud to gerrymandering.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm must be getting close to the truth so the ultra right wing do not want the truth to come out.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-lawmakers-undermine-probe-voter-suppression-tactics?cid=eml_mra_20190417

GOP lawmakers undermine probe of voter-suppression tactics

Quote:
Democrats on the House Oversight Committee are investigating voter-suppression tactics. Republicans are suggesting that states refuse to cooperate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 54 of 67

Jump to: