myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the department of defense which developed ARPA, or ARPANET which became the internet. Tax dollars+ scientists+the will to be a superpower = internet. Hand off the tech to the private sector in 1990, five years later Marc Andreson with the help of Jim Clark, launches Netscape, BAM !!!! If we didnt explore space, we might not have the satellite technogy we have , which brought us GPS, which brought us NAV, and google Maps!!! We might still be using paper maps, and writing down directions...
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of promotion coming from the right showcasing angry black folks supposedly disappointed with what Democrats have done or haven't done to address and resolve the black condition in America. Seems to me that it's pretty easy to cast blame on the political party that, at least in modern times, has arguably tried to do the most for blacks to address their plight and offer a helping hand, but let's ask what has the modern Republican party done?

It's pretty obvious to me that Republicans aren't stumbling over themselves in the rush to provide jobs to unemployed or underemployed blacks. For years they've fought tooth and nail against affirmative action, or any other avenues to readily open doors to opportunity. Maybe I'm missing the picture here about what Republicans politicians are doing, but where's the evidence that the Republican party has been, or is the source for solving the age old problems the blacks face in America? Where's the substance and the positive action to change things for people of color?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssssst, don't tell anybody, but the Republicans haven't been in power for quite awhile now, and especially in those areas, keep it under your hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUSRZo1BE5o
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot that you posted the same link earlier?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't, it's just so awesome for a change, they might be getting it after all, I love it. Anyway that's it for me, I'm gone for a week at least, off line, have fun debating whatever needs to be debated................ out.
P.S. I voted absentee, the right way, hea, hea.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Hillary even going to run?
That answer seems to be getting muddled in mud of their (Clinton's) making.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SundayReview | Op-Ed Columnist

With the Clintons, Only the Shadow Knows

MARCH 7, 2015

WASHINGTON — SOMEWHERE in Smithsonian storage sits a portrait of Bill Clinton with two odd features: He is standing next to a shadow meant to conjure Monica Lewinsky’s blue dress, and he is not wearing his gold wedding ring.

As we have been reminded by a recent wild cascade of stories, everything about the Clintons is convoluted. Nothing is simple, even a celebratory portrait.

Nelson Shanks, picked by Clinton to do his portrait for the National Portrait Gallery, revealed to the Philadelphia Daily News that he had used a blue dress on a mannequin to evoke the shadow of the Lewinsky scandal in the portrait.

I called the 77-year-old artist to ask about his devilish punking.

“It’s an extra little kick going on in the painting,” he said. “It was a bit humorous, but there was also a sort of authenticity to it. To do a Pollyanna, basically meaningless, symbolically neutral painting of somebody that has had a powerful influence on society is really copping out.” He said that Clinton’s lack of a wedding band has no ulterior meaning, noting: “I just forgot the ring.” But Clinton aides weren’t buying it.

He said when the omission first made news after the portrait was unveiled in 2006, Hillary Clinton sent him “a lovely little note saying don’t worry about it, this is just a tempest in a teapot.”

In a blog post last week, Eugénie Bisulco, a Clinton administration staffer who led the search team for a White House portrait artist, said it wasn’t Shanks’s attempt to put in “a moral compass” that grated. (The Clintons didn’t even know about that.) Bisulco said that it was that the portrait made Clinton look like “a disheveled Ted Koppel.”

Other Clintonistas dismissed the allegorical shadow as “put-a-bunny-in-the-pot crazy.”

Shanks said it was “like an ice pick going through my back” when he learned that his portrait was “exiled to the dark recesses” in 2009. On a visit to the museum a year and a half ago, he heard a docent telling a tour group that the Clintons put the kibosh on the painting.

He asked Kim Sajet, now director of the National Portrait Gallery, and she confirmed his darkest fears in an email, saying that they took it down because the Clintons disliked it. But, in response to a query, Sajet admitted that she was “repeating unfounded gossip,” according to a spokeswoman, and insisted that the painting is merely in rotation.

Shortly after the art imbroglio broke, an email imbroglio broke. The Times’s Michael Schmidt reported that, as secretary of state, Hillary did not preserve her official correspondence on a government server and exclusively used a private email account. She used a private server linked to her Chappaqua home, only turning over cherry-picked messages in December at the State Department’s request.

Given the paranoid/legalese perspective that permeates Clintonland, this made sense: It’s hard to request emails from an account you don’t know exists. And your own server can shield you from subpoenas and other requests. If you want records from the Clinton server, you have to fight for them. Clinton Inc. can tough it out and even make stuff disappear. Instead of warning the secretary that she could be violating regulations, her aides fetishized her clintonemail.com account as a status symbol. Chelsea took on the pseudonym Diane Reynolds.

Near midnight on Wednesday, Hillary tweeted that she had asked the State Department to release the emails she had coughed up when pressed, noting: “I want the public to see my email.”

Less true words were never spoken.

Schmidt’s scoop followed The Wall Street Journal revelation that at least 60 companies that lobbied the State Department when Hillary was in charge had funneled more than $26 million to the Clinton Foundation.

Certainly, Hillary wants a lot of control. She has spent a lifetime cleaning up messes sparked by her overweening desire for control and her often out-of-control mate. She always feared that her emails could become fodder for critics, and now they have.

Everyone is looking for signs in how Hillary approaches 2016 to see if she’s learned lessons from past trouble. But the minute this story broke, she went back to the bunker, even though she had known for months that the Republicans knew about the account. The usual hatchets — Philippe Reines, David Brock, Lanny Davis and Sidney Blumenthal — got busy.

The Clintons don’t sparkle with honesty and openness. Between his lordly appetites and her queenly prerogatives, you always feel as if there’s something afoot.

Everything needs to be a secret, from the Rose Law Firm records that popped up in a White House closet two years after they were subpoenaed to the formulation of her health care plan.

Yet the Clintons always act as though it’s bad form when you bring up their rule-bending. They want us to compartmentalize, just as they do, to connect the dots that form a pretty picture and leave the other dots alone.

If you’re aspiring to be the second president in the family, why is it so hard to be straight and direct and stand for something? Why can’t you just be upright and steady and good?

Given all the mistakes they’ve made, why do they keep making them? Why do they somehow never do anything that doesn’t involve shadows?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/opinion/sunday/maureen-dowd-only-the-shadow-knows.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GO JOE, GO JOE, GO JOE, he has an opening!
WE NEED JOE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nw30 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw a misogynistic post that he wasn't eager to re-post.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Never saw a misogynistic post that he wasn't eager to re-post.

This is why I'm a big fan of Joe Biden, he knows how to be transparent, in fact he's transparent to a fault, a fault that I'd be more willing to put up with. With Joe, you know what you're getting, he's a "fucking big deal".
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, are you transparent?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 8 of 244

Jump to: