myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Vintage Windsurfing Videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uswine7141

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Vintage Windsurfing Videos Reply with quote

I am a former hardcore 12 year fanatic that never intended to stop ...it just kinda happened with life changes....

I was going through some things this past week I ran into some old videos .... really brought on the nostalgia.

I checked the videos availability online but I could not find any.  So I decided to put one up on youtube and thought the members here might enjoy it ...

If the reception is good in this forum and you would like more uploaded  I will add more videos from the same general time period 1988-1995...if they are no longer commercially available. 

All the videos are VHS ...its a bit of work and a lot of time to digitize and upload them.  

I put up "Screaming Waters" by Gorge Video, Inc. 1990 .... they don't appear to be in business anymore.   Its classic Gorge at its epic best back in the day with the music from The Ultronz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeok26eX0

enjoy
Allen Hall
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Windsurfing Videos Reply with quote

I did enjoy it. Interesting that aside from a lot of seat harnesses, things
aren't really that different now, other than a lot of grey hair (or no hair).
I ran into John Guay several months ago. Aside from a little less hair,
he looks pretty much the same. That dude must have a portrait in a
closet somewhere, that's not very pretty! Really dug the Parmenter POV
near the end. That wasn't easy in 1989.

So Allen, are you thinking about getting back in?

-Craig

uswine7141 wrote:
I am a former hardcore 12 year fanatic that never intended to stop ...it just kinda happened with life changes....

If the reception is good in this forum and you would like more uploaded  I will add more videos from the same general time period 1988-1995...if they are no longer commercially available. 

I put up "Screaming Waters" by Gorge Video, Inc. 1990 .... they don't appear to be in business anymore.   Its classic Gorge at its epic best back in the day with the music from The Ultronz

enjoy
Allen Hall
justall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipped around through the vid. Love it ... Especially seeing the wipeouts, as that makes me feel better. Thanks for the upload and link.
uswine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Windsurfing Videos Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

Glad you enjoyed it ... lots of grey going around but i at least have almost none except my beard.... hard to believe that 1990 was 25 years ago. The gorge had an electric vibe about it... I would like to get into the sport again ... i had some rad equipment .. favorite boards were logsz of which i had 3 ... and an 85K sportsmobile 4x4 v10 van that got 6 miles to the gallon with a tail wind .... next time it is going to be a lot more frugal.. and unfortunately not this year but maybe next... it would be cool to meet and make some new friends to caravan with again. The truth is that the windsurfing crowd is just about the best people around to hang out and surf and camp with... I cant remember there ever being an issue with anyone in that crowd... it was a great lifestyle ... just a lot of driving 35 weekends a year

Allen

cgoudie1 wrote:
I did enjoy it. Interesting that aside from a lot of seat harnesses, things
aren't really that different now, other than a lot of grey hair (or no hair).
I ran into John Guay several months ago. Aside from a little less hair,
he looks pretty much the same. That dude must have a portrait in a
closet somewhere, that's not very pretty! Really dug the Parmenter POV
near the end. That wasn't easy in 1989.

So Allen, are you thinking about getting back in?

-Craig

uswine7141 wrote:

enjoy
Allen Hall
windydoug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slo Mo is so awesome!

Huge floaty long jumps that go on for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
uswine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its like looking back in time ... a vivid dream .... it was a great time to be there... always an amazing experience.

From being woken up by the train seemingly coming through the camp ground at 3 am in wyeth ... to all day sessions at the wall.... great 4th of july's at maryhill and when the corridor was blowing 50+ blown out ... some amazing memories of 20 ft swells at 3 mile canyon with the biggest and smoothest air i ever experienced...more akin to flying than surfing. I was 25 in 1990... it would be nice to visit that again ... if only in my memories

windydoug wrote:
Slo Mo is so awesome!

Huge floaty long jumps that go on for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fxop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting that up! I had it on my Tivo for awhile but then the Tivo went bye-bye.

There is another youtube user who has been putting up the old videos. You might want to check his channel out so you don't duplicate. Lots of the great old Maui ones.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VHSwindsurf

fxop
uswine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ... i will check it out ... this was really my old favorite. Im happy if someone else has the others up for sure...its a lot of time to digitize and upload.

i do have one with robby naish that i have not seen anywhere else ... i swear he catches 70+ ft of air on a jump ... two helicopters filming .... one in foreground and one in background ... from the camera perspective ... he goes above the helicopter in the background.. I misplaced the vhs of this in storage ... i have to reopen some boxes .... right now that's the only other one i am planning to put up

fxop wrote:
Thanks for putting that up! I had it on my Tivo for awhile but then the Tivo went bye-bye.

There is another youtube user who has been putting up the old videos. You might want to check his channel out so you don't duplicate. Lots of the great old Maui ones.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VHSwindsurf

fxop
LUCARO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks wine:

I love how Robbie gets his own full song.

Just proves conditions and skill are vastly more important than gear.

Also good to see the frequent crashes, they are only human

I will watch more if you go to the hassle of digitizing.

cheers

Roland
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fxop, it's a great reminder that massive moves were attempted in 1985. How about the double back loop Mark Angulo nearly made?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: