myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2014 elections--what do they mean?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha ha!!! The modern KKK! They are trying to kill them with syphilis. OMG Laughing Laughing Laughing
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My black or gay friends who live in the South would differ with anyone who thinks racism is gone. They claim it is greatly reduced, but evident everyday.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The Neanderthals no longer exist. The kkk and skin heads have zero power. No media power, no monetary power, NOTHING. They are ancient history. Please show me a racist with power. Please. I would like to sue him out of existence.

Eric "Voter intimidation is criminal only for whites" Holder and Al "Everything whites do and say is racially motivated" Sharpton leap to the forefront. Look at the influence Sharpton has obviously had on our own mac.

Power? Maybe not. But drive into the PacNW with your CB radio on (and today's social media probably mirrors the problem) and you will shiver. Just crossing the border into ID or OR from the rest of the world just a few years ago meant getting blasted with literally murderous vitriol towards blacks and homosexuals, and restroom graffiti changed from "For a good time call Coyotewindsurf" to ""Kill the [insert any of several minorities]". The few times I gently defended their targets on CB led to threats and overt actions that made me STFU and leave the scene ASAP. They certainly had power over me.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve...CDC said today that there is NO Ebola in the USA. Whatever happened to this strain going airborn? and taking down the economy?
Oh yeah, I forgot , the election is over.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Hey Steve...CDC said today that there is NO Ebola in the USA. Whatever happened to this strain going airborn? and taking down the economy?

"I am not particularly worried about the disease spreading rapidly, however if it were to go airborne millions could lose their lives. This disease is not to be messed with. Half who get it die a gruesome death".

My quote said I'm not particularly worried about the disease spreading, however in the UNLIKELY chance that it did go airborne we would have a big problem.

If it did work to get the Marxists out of congress yahoo! But I don't think it had anything to do with 54 vs 46!!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of the ultra asshole 5000 in the kkk, there are a few hundred thousand truck drivers, McDonalds cooks, and the like who could spit in your food. I assume that's happened to me when I used to eat at Taco Bell. So what? I only need to tell the story of going to a Mexican restaurant with my Mexican wife and ordering lobster. Hablamos Espanol, e la langosta era muy grande!

For the gringos next to us their lobster was half the size of ours, and the avocado less plentiful....Putos. Boo hoo, they should have sued the restaurant for discrimination, but the better plan is to go to the other Mexican restaurant that prepares all meal well....
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

"I am not particularly worried about the disease spreading rapidly, however if it were to go airborne millions could lose their lives. This disease is not to be messed with. Half who get it die a gruesome death".

My quote said I'm not particularly worried about the disease spreading, however in the UNLIKELY chance that it did go airborne we would have a big problem.

If it did work to get the Marxists out of congress yahoo! But I don't think it had anything to do with 54 vs 46!!!!

No , it didn't .. But because righty media dominated the Ebola coverage , we know who likes to peddle fear...people mocked Obama ...are they now praising him?
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
...people mocked Obama ...are they now praising him?

Of course not. America's failure to deal with Ebola was Obama's fault, while our success overcoming Ebola was due to Bush's good planning.

Isn't that how it goes inside the bubble?

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
...people mocked Obama ...are they now praising him?

Of course not. America's failure to deal with Ebola was Obama's fault, while our success overcoming Ebola was due to Bush's good planning.

Isn't that how it goes inside the bubble?

remember the Bush years of saying government is not needed and we should not have things like research into anything cutting funding to universities, FEMA, so he put in charge of government agencies people like Brownie who had no experience just been horse traders. Yep get government off the backs of business, again removing regulators from overseeing banks, the banks (private enterprise) know what is best for america. Just like Reygun did for the first banking bailout by taxpayers because those banks are such honest and trustworthy people. Look Bush seniors other hand out kid/son was even put on a bank board with no banking experience and that only cost taxpayers a billion during the ReyGun times for one bank. yep get the government off those bankers so the free market and smart bankers can help us americans.

Hey weren't a bunch of banks just fined a few billion dollars for manipulating loan rates. Wow good thing a right winger is not in office or we would have just given the thieves more money to bail them out for stealing. my gosh that pesky government should not be interfering with the banks illegally making billions. The banks should be allowed to do what ever they want.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what did the midterm elections mean to the top of the right wing party.... I am wondering if any of our resident right wingers have the intallectual ability to understand this.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/14/1344851/-McConnell-brings-Republican-hypocrisy-to-a-new-low-and-that-s-saying-something?detail=email#

McConnell brings Republican hypocrisy to a new low, and that's saying something

Quote:
In case anyone out there didn't already know it, Thursday's comments by incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) make clear that Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds. President Obama's decision to, you know, actually exercise the powers granted to his office by the Constitution on issues like climate change, immigration, and net neutrality, rather than either resign or pledge to do nothing other than what the GOP-controlled Congress tells him to do has left McConnell feeling "very disturbed." The honorable gentleman from Kentucky added:
"I had maybe naively hoped the president would look at the results of the election and decide to come to the political center and do some business with us," McConnell said. "I still hope he does at some point, but the early signs are not good."
"[Presidents Reagan and Clinton after midterm losses] understood that the American people had elected divided government," McConnell said. "We'd like for the president to recognize the reality that he has the government that he has, not the one that he wishes he had, and work with us."

So, elected officials should respect the will of the people, huh? Can someone please remind me what top Congressional Republicans swore to do in a secret meeting at a fancy joint in D.C. on the very night in January of 2009 Barack Obama was inaugurated as our 44th president?
"We've gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign."
In 2008 the American people elected, to paraphrase McConnell's remarks from yesterday, "united government." They elected Democrats to huge majorities in the House and the Senate, and gave Barack Obama an electoral college landslide. Furthermore, just over 57 percent of eligible voters actually turned out to vote, the highest level in four decades.
Did Republicans in the House and Senate "recognize the reality of the government" they had in 2009, Senator McConnell? Or did they all, to a person, reject every compromise offered on healthcare reform and vote against it? And did they all, with only three exceptions (one of whom became a Democrat shortly thereafter), reject every compromise offered on the stimulus and vote against it? More broadly, did you, yourself, tell your fellow Republican senators even before the inauguration that they, in the words of one of them, "can't let [Obama] succeed in anything."

But now Republicans have done an about face. After midterm elections that saw the lowest voter turnout since 1942 at barely 36 percent, and with a Senate map fought almost completely in the relatively small number of states that voted for Mitt Romney, the GOP thinks that's the mandate that matters. Now, according to McConnell, is the time to listen to the American people. After 2008? Not so much.

We're going to need a new word to characterize this level of hypocrisy, folks. I'm open to your suggestions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: