myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obamacare in a nutshell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard tail 29 and 5 1/2 inch full 26
Snow bike on order
Road bike so the other bikes are usable

BTW I don't care if someone uses an e bike on hard sandstone or other trails where access and damage are not issues. But, user battles will be the result of these machines.

Although these bikes give us overweight middle aged guys a bad rap!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We obviously face different issues C.B. Fortunately for us (me) the radical trail centre runs attract most of the 'crowd', much more so than do the 'natural' mountains, which some of us prefer to tackle alone.

I think that is a key point in not being objected to by other users. A lone rider, especially in the winter, is not perceived as a threat to others, who themselves are often alone or in pairs, as a large crowd of riders might be.

You make clear how E bikes might possibly tear up your carefully managed trails, and I accept that, but E bikes out in the wild (ridden by those who really are mountain bikers) are not a problem for us.

But I'm sure we can end on a happy note, by agreeing that the invention of the two wheeler, especially our self propelled ones, (except when belting down some steep deserted track or road) is one of man's greatest innovations. I now have as many bikes (n+1 and all that) as I had windsurfing boards up to the end of the 90's.

So happy riding C.B. (And Mr, Gybe, and Matty, and Malibu!)
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Snow bike on order

BTW I don't care if someone uses an e bike on hard sandstone or other trails where access and damage are not issues. But, user battles will be the result of these machines.

Nice! I have a mid level bike from Fezzari, Small company out of Utah, only sell direct, online.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Snow bike on order

Nice! I have a mid level bike from Fezzari, Small company out of Utah, only sell direct, online.

Niner SS 34/20
Niner Air 9 RDO
Niner RLT
YETI SB 5 W Enve 70/30
Scott Roadie if I'm really bored
Stromer Commute machine...
YUBA Cargo for beer runs...
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:

You really need to be on a downhill specific bike, otherwise you risk going over the bars and losing your brakes.

Yup!

Last edited by KGB-NP on Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're all better now!

Broke my collar bone when I was 14 racing downhill barefoot. Left foot slips off pedal and into spokes. Lucky I did not land on my head. No one wore helmets in 1966.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article. Deeper than talking points. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/us/politics/obama-health-care-affordable-care-act.html?_r=0
mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOP to take up health care reform on Wednesday. No apparent consensus, as support for the ACA rises and activists pack GOP town halls. Support up from 41% to 45%, and the loss of insurance for millions, or the dramatic decrease in coverage proposed by Ryan is a big deal for Reeps.

It's time to be a little nostaligic about John Boehner, AKA orange-man:

"In the 25 years that I served in the US Congress, Republicans never, ever, one time agreed on what a health care proposal should look like.""Not once"
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
GOP to take up health care reform on Wednesday. No apparent consensus, as support for the ACA rises and activists pack GOP town halls. Support up from 41% to 45%, and the loss of insurance for millions, or the dramatic decrease in coverage proposed by Ryan is a big deal for Reeps.

"In the 25 years that I served in the US Congress, Republicans never, ever, one time agreed on what a health care proposal should look like.""Not once"

Do you deny Obamacare is in a death spiral?. Unlike climate change we do have settled facts(science).
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Do you deny Obamacare is in a death spiral?. Unlike climate change we do have settled facts(science).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 59 of 62

Jump to: